Saturday, September 7, 2013

Gigi's 90th


At the end of August we got to celebrate my Grandmother turning 90.  She is the same one a lot of you prayed for back in Jan-Feb because she was in the ICU.  She is healthy now and looking great!  My mom put a lot of time into making sure her party was a surprise and beautiful.


For the table decorations we mixed and matched silver, crystal and milkglass.  My three favorite things!  We also scattered old photos around and little fun tidbits of information of things that happened in 1923.








My other grandparents were able to come too!


We were only missing Jessica (Andrew's wife) in this picture.


Four generations.



We made this canvas for her with the great-grandkid's hand prints on it.  I got the idea from @magnoliacreativeco on instagram.  She did hers on pottery but we used a canvas.


She said she had a great time and was completely surprised so it was perfect!  It was a special day celebrating a special woman. 

11 comments:

Kimberley said...

super sweet party! I LOVE the picture of her on the beach sitting inside the heart! how neat is that?! the canvas is precious!! you're truly blessed to have so many grandparents!

Maryellen said...

What a blessing to have all 4 Grandparents.

I loved the table settings so elegant and timely.

Your Grandmother looks wonderful !

Mallorie Gayle said...

Oh how special! I remember you posting that plate on IG a few weeks back. She is adorable. What a sweet memory!

Christy said...

What a special day! I love the canvas.

The Crowder Family said...

What a sweet day for such a sweet lady! I remember praying for her and your family a lot, and I'm so glad she's been doing great ever since! The pictures are adorable, and I love the one of the 4 generations--what a wonderful keepsake! Although I already told you this via IG--I love the canvas! What a great idea!!

amy said...

I would LOVE to have 4 grandparents. I haven't had even one since I was 20 (13 years ago.) You are blessed. I remember praying for your grandmother and am happy to see her smiling and being celebrated. :)

Marian said...

What a fun time! I'm glad Margaret was surprised and had a good time! Having both sets of grandparents is pretty amazing and the hand prints you made is darlin'!
Thanks for sharing!

toko jaket kulit pria said...

l love your post because your post picture very nice..

Dail said...

I miss your blog!

Anonymous said...

I miss your blog too!

Alex and Jill said...

I love this! 90 years old...wow!! I would love to talk to her and hear her stories. :)

That canvas is precious.