Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Life Lately

Wow!  I can't believe it's been so long since I blogged.  I think I've been saying that a lot lately.  :)  Anyone who has spent time around Reagan can understand.  There is not one thing going on over here other than chasing her every waking moment.  It is fun, but exhausting.  I haven't been doing anything to the house but here are a few things we have been up to.


I had the biggest scare of (hopefully) my life a couple of weeks ago.  Westin was running out of the kitchen at the same time Reagan came around the corner to go into the kitchen.  They collided and Reagan was knocked unconscious.  I panicked!  I picked her up to see that she was limp and her eyes were rolling back in her head.  The paramedics think she might have had a mild seizure type reaction because her neck was positioned in such a way that I thought her neck was broken.  Seeing her neck like that and her not being responsive for about 15 seconds, you can imagine my terror.  I am SO thankful that my friend Elizabeth was here since otherwise I would have been home alone.  She remained calm amidst my hysteria and called 911.  The ambulance was here within 3 minutes, which by that time she was awake and starting to come to.  She checked out fine, praise the Lord!  She had a mild concussion but is back to her normal self.  It is not coincidence that I "randomly" called Elizabeth that morning to see if she wanted to come over that afternoon.  It is not coincidence that she was going to leave about 20 minutes earlier but hung out for a little bit more.  It is amazing to see how God works!

I think my adrenaline was so high for a few hours that after I rocked her to sleep that night, I came out of her room sobbing.  She usually never falls asleep while I rock her but she did that night and I just held her for forever. I was so overcome with gratitude for the Lord's provision and protection over her life.  

Onto some more upbeat things!  :)  I plugged my camera into my computer tonight and forgot about these pictures of Westin.  I love capturing everyday activities.


How do boys always find the dirt? 


And why does he think it is funny to stand on my plants?

He had his 3 year check up yesterday and he did so good!  He weighed 29.9 lbs and was 37.8" tall.  He has always been 25% in weight and 50% in height.  He had to get his MMR shot (that I have put off since he was 15 months-Ha!) but he was so brave!  He only cried for a second because the nurse was smart and brought the toy basket into the room for him to pick a toy immediately after his shot.  :)

Our latest sewing project was this Tilly Top by Brownie Goose.  The picture above is the back of the shirt.  I think it is my favorite project yet!

I made some ruffle capris to go with it.  I put a button on the side of both legs but I had only done one leg in the picture.  :)

We have been playing outside so much!  I found these roller skates at Goodwill and knew Westin would love them.  He doesn't mind one bit that they are Barbie skates.  :)
This girl truly is the happiest when she is outside.  She usually wakes up from her afternoon nap before Westin and we always go wander around the front yard.  Her favorite things to do are: eat the mulch, try to pick up bugs and run as fast as she can from me.

I took this before BSF this morning.  I love how Westin's hand is around Reagan and her hand is on his leg.  :) 

What a difference a year makes! 


I think we are all looking older.  Haha!

Reagan insists on wearing this mask all the time!

I just love this picture of Zach and Reagan.  He loves her so much.

Hopefully it won't be so long until I check back in.  But you probably know by now that it probably will be.  :)

19 comments:

Alex and Jill said...

I love Reagan. She has a similar personality to Sydney, I think. :)

Reading what happened to her made my heart stop. I would not have been calm at all. I'm terrible in situations like that. :-/ I'm so thankful she's okay!!

All of these pics are adorable. I'm going to have to show my Mom that pattern. She's going to make some things for the girls and I'm looking for cute patterns so feel free to share whenever you find them. :) That outfit is adorable.

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness Jill. Since then I have been praying that if I'm home alone in an emergency situation that I will remain calm and do what needs to be done.

Look at the Brownie Goose patterns on etsy. I want to make them all!

Susie from Bienvenue said...

Oh my goodness Shannon! My heart just sank after reading that first part.I am so thankful you were not alone and that the Lord watched over all of you during that scary time. I know just how you felt. When Maddy was about that same size, she fell backwards of a piano bench in our church hall. We were having a pot luck dinner and everyone was crowded around her. You can just imagine the prayers that went up right after she fell. She was fine soon after but it didn't kick in on me till much later. I like you, could not stop crying and checking her every few minutes. I had to wake her every so often through the night to make sure she was ok. Well.. so glad she is fine and all is well.

Shannon said...

So scary, Susie! I did the same thing, checked on her all night. :) And I bet Maddy did have a lot of people praying over her! Prayer works for sure!

Twice as Nice said...

Oh, what a scarey thing to go through. Thank God your friend was there. I am not sure how I would of been in that situation. I just hate when kids get hurt. I tend to want to run away and let everyone else take care of it. I couldn't handle it when Logan skinned his knees! I am terrible. God had his hand on your family that day for sure.

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Oh Shannon, I got goose bumps reading about sweet Reagan's scare. So glad she's ok now. God works in amazing ways! :) Westin looks so much older in these pics. Such a sweet little boy. When my boys were little, they were always standing on my plants/flowers too. And for some reason, the soccer ball would always land on them too. Ha! I'm really enjoying following you on Instagram (I'm chels70) You post such cute pics on there! Enjoy your weekend!

Christy said...

I'm so glad Reagan is okay and that you had a friend there to keep you calm.

Westin is like Parker in the weight department. He'll turn 3 September 3 and only weighs 26 pounds.

Love the outfit you made.

The Crowder Family said...

Oh, Shannon! I cannot believe that story! I kept saying, "Oh my goodness!" aloud as I was reading it! Thank God little Reagan's perfect again! Thank God for your amazing friend, Elizabeth too! I would have been flipping out too!!
All of the pictures are precious! The ones of y'all a year apart crack me up! You have the cutest family!

Mer said...

Wow that pic of Z and R is soooo precious! I didn't realize R was knocked unconscious! Oh man..that is so crazy scary. She's so pretty! I didn't know you did BSF...this has been a GREAT study..probably my favorite!

Shannon said...

I agree! It is so hard to see them hurt!

Shannon said...

Thank you! I'm having so much fun sewing. I have doubt Reagan will pass Westin in weight! Haha!

Shannon said...

I agree! I was hesitant at first with Genesis but it has been SO good! I'm really looking forward to Revelation in 2 years!

Lynford Rozario said...

I love Westin..:)
She looks very pretty and cute when she smiled
iPad developer wanted

jmcr foundation said...

Reagan's killing smile..:)


christians

Denise Sandberg said...

BSF! I have followed your blog and it's been fun to watch your family grow. My family has grown and my two daughters are now away - one away to college (finishing up her sophomore year) and the other is now living in Texas - 6 weeks in fact. It's empty nest time for us, but so far, I'm ok with it. Spending time with the hubster has been fun and we have both joined BSF this year and love it. Genesis has been a wonderful study and we talk about it all the time! Looking forward to next session and the study of Matthew! Your family is beautiful! Enjoy the small, simple moments, they are gone so fast!

Katie said...

Love the mulch, the bugs, and the mask!

Westin is really looking older! Boo. ; )

nicole@http://theclarks-nicole.blogspot.com/ said...

Wow! That story made my heart stop. God is amazing when it comes to timing and protection. So glad that sweet girl is ok.

Happiness Is... said...

I have been the world's worst blogger but had to say that I could not believe how big your kiddos have gotten! Cuter by the month, too! And. so thankful your little precious girl is okay. Hope to be back to blogging soon!

Allison said...

I have a very spunky almost 3 year old daughter who gives me a run for my money EVERY day. I'm so glad Reagan is okay! You have a beautiful family!