Sunday, April 14, 2013

Reagan's First Birthday Party-The Details

We had such a fun time celebrating Reagan's first birthday this past weekend!  I decided to keep it very simple this go round.  I didn't really have a theme...just colors.  I didn't do any planning months in advance like I did for Westin's first birthday either.  We invited family and three friends and it was so relaxing and fun.
 

I found the picture frame at Hobby Lobby and knew it would be perfect.  My mom helped me make the pleated paper fans and the name banner is from my first "internet friend", Brittany.  :)  She sent it as a baby gift when Reagan was born.  It hangs over her crib normally.

 I recovered the photo stand my Dad made for Westin's first birthday and printed off Reagan's monthly pictures. 
 She got a kitchen and loves it!  She tries to crawl in the shelves all the time.
Simple flower centerpiece with some amazing cookies around them.

The dessert table with her smash cake, cupcakes, and cookies.
 Her cute smash cake was made by a local lady. She also made Westin's smash cake.
 The amazing cookies were made by With Sugar On Top.  They were incredible and delicious.


I can never resist paper straws for a party.  :)  It is amazing how much can go into even a simple party, but it was all worth it.  I know Reagan had a great time and I enjoyed watching her have fun.  More pictures to come.

17 comments:

Kimberley said...

super duper cute! love the colors! and really love that cake stand! such a pretty color!

Andrea said...

so cute! love all the spring colors and those cookies are cute!

Alex and Jill said...

Love, love, love!!

Her smash cake and those cookies are ADORABLE. I've been looking for someone to make the decorated sugar cookies. Both girls that I used to order from, no longer make them. Going to look up the contact you shared.

And it's funny you said "it's amazing how much can go into even a simple party." That's what I thought with Sydney's party! It was so simple and yet I was exhausted by the end of the day.

Great job, girl! Super cute party. No doubt, Reagan felt the love. :)

Anonymous said...

Is the photo board made from wood or styrofoam? Just curious!

Shannon said...

It's made from wood. But floral foam or something similar is a good idea!

Heather L. said...

So pretty! I love it! Can you share where you bought, or did you make?, the fringe-y garland? So cute!!!

Melissa said...

Such a sweet party…simple and filled with love! Good job Mama and happy birthday to your precious girl!

The Crowder Family said...

As usual, what a precious party!! I love all of the colors you used! I bet it was fun making everything girly! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Christy said...

Super cute!

Kelli said...

Love the colors. Simple and girly!
Did you make the banner above the dessert table? I really like it.

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Love the colors you used! That smash cake is precious too. I love your simple centerpiece. You're giving me lots of ideas for a Mother's Day celebration. :) I've got to get some of those paper straws. Can't wait to see more pics!

Anonymous said...

She is growing so fast! As always, you did a beautiful job!

Cari B. {NH}

Becky said...

Everything turned out so cute and colorful! Happy birthday sweet Reagan!!! xo Becky

The Photo Goo said...

Everything looked SO SWEET. Perfect for a first birthday! I can't believe she's already a year!

Cindi said...

Love it all, Shannon! Super, super sweet. Not overdone. Just perfect!! :)

Immeasurably More Mama said...

The bright colors are beautiful and those tea pot cookies are precious. Great first birthday party!

Lauren said...

So adorable! Well done!