Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Part 1


We got to celebrate Easter for two days this year and it was great!  It was also nice that we got to celebrate here!  Usually we are traveling with cranky kids on Easter afternoon so it was nice they actually got to nap in their own beds on Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday my parents and grandparents drove up for lunch and to celebrate my mom's birthday.  This was my first time hosting and I'm so thankful I didn't ruin the food. :)


That morning Cody took Westin to our church's egg drop.  It stormed all night and morning so it was like hunting eggs in a pond.

 These boys didn't care though!
 While they were gone I tried to get some pictures of Reagan.  This is how they usually turn out.  Always climbing!
 I finally got one that wasn't blurry.  Ha!
 With Gigi and Papa.
 Westin came home so I tried to get some pics of them together.  It might be a few years before that happens.

 Checking out some Easter goodies from Gigi and Papa.

 Reagan looking in her Easter basket from Gran and G-Daddy.  She threw out all the toys until she got to the candy.  She knows what she wants!  (No, she didn't eat any, she just likes carrying it around.)  :)
 Westin checking out his goodies.
 My mom's birthday fell on Easter this year so we got to celebrate on Saturday.
 I laugh every time I look at this picture.  Zach is always SO sweet to want to hold Reagan!
We really had a great day with family.

A little funny Westin story...  We bought the Resurrection Eggs to do with him this year.  So on Monday I asked him if he wanted me to tell him the Easter story.  He said, "I know it."  So I said, "You do?  What is it?"  He said, "Christ Jesus.  He loves us.  He loves us.  He loves us."  He had been to Mothers Day Out that day so I'm assuming he heard it there.  I was proud of him!  So fast forward to the night before Easter and we were doing the Resurrection Eggs for the millionth time (not really but we did them at least twice a day because he wanted to.) and I said, "Can you tell us the Easter story tonight?"  He said, "Yes!  Jesus stepped on a stone and it reallllly realllly hurt!!!"  So I think he learned more in a few hours at MDO than hours and hours and hours of us telling him the story!  HAHA!!

7 comments:

Bella said...

Your kids are too cute! I could just squeeze Reagan, I LOVE that pic of the two of them and her hand on Westin's face, so sweet!

Katie said...

That's a great picture of Westin and Reagan! Love the story, too.

Jodi said...

I love your kids. They are so cute. I LOVE the pic of the two of them where R has her hand on W's face. Sweetest pic ever!

Glad you had a nice Easter X 2.

Emily said...

That picture of the two of them! Ahh, priceless! No need to try any harder than that to capture them! It's perfect, and they're going to cherish it someday. :) So glad you had a happy Easter!

Christy said...

Cute story! Westin and Reagan are so darn cute!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your drapes in your dining room. Did you have them made??

Shannon said...

Hi! Yes I did make them with fabric from Hobby Lobby. I don't think they sell it anymore but I think they have a similar silk.