Monday, March 4, 2013

Westin's Third Birthday Party-The Details

Although Westin turns 3 tomorrow, we had his party on Saturday.  I explored all our indoor party options around here but decided on Partytime Ponies.  I knew it was a risk because of the un-predictable weather but thank you, Lord, it turned out to be a great day!  It was a little chilly but the sun came out and I think everyone had a great time. 
 
I knew Westin would love the ponies and riding them, and he did!  Although, I think his favorite part was just having all his friends there to run around with.  Here are some of the details from his party.  I tried to keep it very simple.  I got a lot of ideas from my friend, Christina, and borrowed some of her decor.
 

Our little cowboy was ready to party!


The barn with the tables and food table.  We only had cake, cookies and chex mix which kept things nice and simple.  The only decorations were daisies in mason jars.


The cowboy hats and pinata candy were the party favors.


Westin picked out this cake from all the pictures at the store.  :)  (After I flipped past the character face cakes, of course.)


I realized I didn't get a full shot of the food table but the cake was in the middle and the ends both looked like this.  Cookies and flowers on each end.


The only thing I made was the burlap name banner.


Cowboy boot pinata.  This was our first experience with a pinata and I thought it was fun!


Westin had an absolute blast and is still talking about it!  He loved spending the afternoon with his friends and family.  I hope to post the party pictures soon!

16 comments:

Andrea said...

What a great theme! Love all the details, and a party in a barn! So fun!

The Crowder Family said...

What an adorable party--as usual! The two pictures of Westin are so cute! I still can't believe he's about to be 3!

Lisa said...

Sounds like a fun party! Love all the decor!

Jodi said...

Westin looks adorable! It looks like such a fun party - especially if the kids got to ride the ponies!!!

Maryellen said...

I don't know how you do it but you can make even a "cowboy" party elegant. You have such style !

Julie Rogers said...

Super cute!!!!!! Love all the details;)

Julie
www.thechirpingmoms.com

Lauren said...

What a fun party! Isn't it amazing how fast time passes? Our oldest will be three the 23rd of this month. I can't believe it. We're having a farm party. Looks like this cowboy party was loads of fun.

Kelli said...

Oh Shannon what a cute birthday party. I always wanted to have a pony or cowgirl/boy party for my kids but it just did not work out.
Happy Birthday to your handsome guy!

emily said...

How fun! I bet this cute party was a huge hit!!

Anonymous said...

what time did you have the party? I always try to think of how to get out of serving lunch, ha ha :) but never know when to do this for kids.

Cindi said...

SUPER cute, Shannon! Happy Birthday to Westin! He's growing up. :)

Olivia said...

Awww what an adorable party theme! Little cowboy!

Susie from Bienvenue said...

I'm still having a hard time knowing he just turned 3!!! Yikes.. where oh where did the time go? What a lil cutie he is. Happy birthday Weston!!

John smith said...

Very nice birthday party and its decoration looking too good.
Hire birthday party venue

Amy said...

What a cool birthday party! I love the theme and decorations! So cute.

Carrie said...

LOVE this party! I wish I could pin your posts...I'm going to have to remember this in a few years!