Monday, March 11, 2013

Latest Sewing Projects

I have been having so much fun sewing lately.  It is what I do in my spare time which is probably why my blog has been so quiet lately.  :)  Our sew club meets on Monday nights and is so much fun!  We made this ruffle shirt for our second project several weeks ago.
 

Here is a grainy iPhone picture of Reagan in it.


Our latest project was this knot top.  From THIS pattern.  Most girls did a knot dress but I made a shirt since Reagan isn't walking yet and does not prefer crawling in a dress.  :)  I made the pants to go with it too.




I loved that green chevron so I wanted some more shirts that she could wear with the pants.  Our sew club leader and friend, Kari Beth, made these two shirts to go with the pants.  LOVE them!



We were snowed in one day several weeks ago and I had an extra shirt and fabric so I made this shirt.  I might make a ruffle or something to go over the seam because the jersey of the shirt kind of pulled when I was sewing with it. 


Westin loved this car fabric so I made him a birthday shirt with it.  He loves it and when people ask what is on his shirt (alluding to the fact that he is three) he says "it has cars on it!!" He is more excited about the cars than being three.  :)


I decided to buy a pattern and try doing it start to finish on my own.  I got THIS pattern that can be made into shorts or pants.  I let Westin pick out the flannel fabric for PJ pants and me chose the dinosaurs.  He is very proud of these too!


I used blue and white seersucker to make some shorts for this summer.  I must say, I was surprised and excited that both the pants and shorts fit him.  Haha!


Have y'all been sewing anything fun lately?  It can really be addicting!

Oh!  My friend, Helga, and I started an Instagram shop to resale baby and kid's clothes!  It has been so fun!  And thank you to those who have already bought some things!  I know they were mostly blog readers.  :) Y'all seriously are the best!  Follow @pattycakecloset if you are interested!

And I have got to get started on planning Reagan's party!  I cannot believe I haven't started!  I'm about to start stressing about it.  :)

11 comments:

Lauren said...

You're making sewing look easy! (And, I've tried, and it's not easy for me, lol). I don't have a phone with internet, so I'm out of luck on the instagram resale thing, but let me know if y'all do it in any other venue. =)

Living life one day at a time said...

I LOVE what you have sewn for your sweet girl! My daughter is 14 months and I would love to start sewing for her. Do you mind telling me what kind of sewing machine you have? Thanks!

Jodi said...

Everything you are making is SO cute! Good for you for learning how to sew all these new things. My mom is an amazing seamstress and can sew anything. I wish she had taught me when I was younger b/c who has time now!!

Anonymous said...

You inspire me to start sewing again! I don't know how you find the time. Your children are just precious!

Alex and Jill said...

Oh my goodness...so cute!! I wish I could sew!!

Christy said...

WOW, you sew really well. If I ever have a girl, I must learn.

Kari Beth said...

you are blowing me away with all your sewing projects. you are one motivated momma! ha! and i wish y'all would quit calling me leader and teacher :)....i'm your helper. i'm a horrible teacher. but we are having so much fun!

ashiggs said...

Can you post instructions on the bib shirt? I know how to make the ruffles, but am a little nervouse about stacking that many and trimming off the top!

Bethany @ 3SonsPlus1 said...

I just had to leave comment about all the adorable clothes you've made! I think they look so good...and they fit! Win win! (I'm a sewer too, so I totally get that, ha ha!)

Jess said...

I'd love to know how you made the ruffled bib shirt for our little doll!

Tonyia Zeagler said...

I would love to learn how to sew but cannot seem to make them time. You did a great job on those clothes and the adorable models made them even cuter :-)