Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lately

Wow.  I cannot believe I have been away from my blog for this long!  We haven't been too busy, just living life I guess!  I'm going to have to do this post in list order (with a ton of pictures).  Here is what we have been up to lately:

1.  We have had a few nice days the past few weeks so we have been spending some time at the park.  It's not quite spring but we are ready and waiting for some pretty weather!


2.  We had a play group with our sewing club moms to take a picture of our pretty ladies in their dresses/tops.  This was everyone except one little girl.  Up next we are making a pheasant dress Monday night!


3.  We spent some time in Little Rock last week and Gran and G-Daddy took us to the zoo for the first time!




We went right in the middle of nap time so Westin had a few meltdowns but overall, he loved it!  After seeing every animal, he said his favorite was the iguana.  I think we have Go, Diego Go to thank for that one.

4.  In Little Rock I was able to capture this picture below.  Even though it was taken with my phone, it is one of my favorite pictures of them!  It completely captures her love for him.  Every morning when we go get Westin up she lays beside him in his bed and gives him the same hug. 



5.  On Tuesday I tried to have a little photo shoot in some spring clothes.  It did not go too good.  After ten minutes of wrestling them I was over it and so were they.  I wish this one below wasn't so washed out.  Westin is constantly kissing her head!




6.  We met some friends at "our" nursing home (the same one we always go to) to pass out some Easter candy and crafts.


7.  Today we went to Lindsey's house to dye Easter eggs!  This was pretty much Westin's first experience with egg dyeing.  I'm glad I got the picture below because that was his one and only egg he dyed.  He was off to play with toys after dropping the egg in.





Annabel and Reagan were happy to supervise. 



Our finished products!  I have to admit that I wasn't too sad that Westin didn't get into it more because I really like dyeing them.  :)


8.  The kids have been taking a long nap this afternoon so I was able to plant some geraniums in my front flower pots, clean out my car, and pot these daffodils for our Easter lunch we will be eating this weekend.  I hope they last until Sunday!  And I hope these eggs aren't too tempting for a certain little boy's hands. 

 
I hope y'all have a wonderful Easter weekend celebrating our RISEN Savior!
 
"'Don't be alarmed,' he said. 'You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified.  He has risen!  He is not here.'"
Mark 16:6a

12 comments:

Judy said...

i have loved following along and seeing your sweet babies grow...my "babies" are 35 & 37 (daughter is named Shannon!) and they still love each other...i loved seeing your sweet girl loving on her brother...brought back wonderful memories (although she still hugs on him every chance she gets)!

Katie said...

You need to make the picture of Westin and Reagan into a canvas!

Meliss said...

Melted my heart to see her love for him. They are so blessed to have each other. Beautiful! And I think your Easter pics are adorable!!

Kelli said...

Such cute pictures of your sweet little ones! It looks like you are all having a wonderful month.
Have a wonderful Easter with your family Shannon!

Erin and Ryan said...

The picture of your 2 hugging on the bike is so precious! True love :)

Bella said...

That picture of the two of them is just so precious, I can't stand it! I'm looking forward to a future with more than one kid and watching them grow up together

Alex and Jill said...

Oh that pic of R hugging W....SO SWEET. Need to frame that one.

We dyed eggs today for the first time. Amelia loved it. Guess it's a girl thing. :)

Have a wonderful Easter weekend with your family!

Christy said...

I love the pictures of Reagan hugging Westin! Happy Easter!

The Crowder Family said...

I just love all of these pictures! The ones of Westin in his cape are too cute! I'm going to make J one soon. As I already said on IG, the one of Reagan hugging Westin is beyond cute! And I love the one where he's kissing her in front of the chalkboard cabinet. They are precious!

Lauren said...

Adorable little super hero you've got there. :) All the photos are so fun! We took a trip to the zoo last week - Riley loved it. We bought annual passes so I'm sure we'll be going back a lot. :)

Anonymous said...

Sturdy and nice leather bag, was bigger than expected, and also the exterior leather is also very soft and comfortable feels. It is very functional as I have been using this leather hobo bags for a week, works very great so I'd like to advise http://leatherhobobag.webs.com/apps/webstore here.

Katy Hill said...

Hey, Shannon-
I LOVE the picture of all the girls in their dresses from sewing group! I'm Elsy's aunt and it's been so fun to see all the cute things you all have made. My Olivia is even reaping the benefits of auntie Ams new skills!