Friday, January 4, 2013

Westin's Canvas

Happy New Year!  I feel like I cannot get back in the groove of things.  We have been enjoying sleeping in, playing at home and really not having much of anything to do.  All that changes next week with MDO and BSF starting back.  I'm looking forward to it!
 
A long, long, long time ago I posted this picture on instagram (sldavis08).  This was an old canvas Westin painted awhile ago and I put the white stickers on top of it.
 

I wanted the canvas to be white but the letters to be the colorful painting.  Well, as you can see, it did not turn out very well.  I was spray painting it white and the letters kept blowing off and it just wasn't covering at all.


So we went back to the basics.  I spray painted over all of it with white and made a blank canvas.  (You can see Halloween decor in the back ground so you know how long ago we did this.) :)


I put new stickers over the white canvas and had Westin paint over them.  He got a little carried away!  He went straight to the bath. 


You can kind of see the stickers in the picture above.  While it was drying I pulled the letters off with a toothpick.  Once it was completely dry, we hung it in Westin's room in his little reading nook.


It matches his other canvas we did a long time ago.  HERE is that post with more step by step instructions.


I love doing projects like this with Westin and I think he enjoys it too!  :)

12 comments:

Paige said...

Cute idea!

Jodi said...

Very cute and what fun for him to play in the paint! :)

Kelly said...

I love the way those turned out and the saying in his reading nook! So very sweet ;)

Christy said...

I remember when you posted the first canvas and said I wanted to do the same with Parker. I've yet to do it so maybe this will motivate me to do it.

Brittany and Steve said...

So cute! What a great way to let Westin paint! I can't wait until my Weston gets older to do this with him :).

Bella said...

Very cute idea! The mini chair in Westin's room is just too cute!

jacky croft said...

Wow excellent post ever seen.
really its informative.
Canvas Art Painting

Kelly said...

Thanks again for sharing this craft! My son loves his!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful artwork, what a wonderful idea! Btw, I love the paint color in Westin's room! Would you mind sharing the color?

Laura said...

Love these canvas ideas. Really need to do one! Great job!

Laura at Finding Encouragement

the undomesticated wife said...

Cute!

Kimberlee Smith said...

I want to recommend this idea in our children's ministry in church. This is so cool and a great creativity in our kids for God's glory. Thanks this is so cute.

Contemporary church in Mississauga