Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Valentine's Decor

This post will be mostly pictures (which is always better than my ramblings anyways) and I think I just heard Westin wake up so I better hurry.  I put out my Valentine's Day decor a couple of weeks ago and snapped some pictures.  Westin is having a small Valentine's party for a few friends in a few weeks and I'm so excited about it!
 
First up, the kitchen.
 


I love changing out these metal signs for the holidays but I think I'm ready for something new in this place.  Just not sure what yet.




These S&P shakers are from Cracker Barrel a few years ago.


I moved the candy dish over here.  These chocolates are long gone and have been replaced with Heart Gobstoppers.  YUM! I thought I had pinned this print but now I can't find it.  If anyone knows the source please let me know.  I feel terrible I can't link to it!
 
UPDATE:  Thank you Kelly for posting the link in the comments.

Dining Room


Cheapest and fastest garland there is.  Bakers twine with heart doilies.




This subway print is from HERE.


On the mantle the only think I added was some gold hearts.  I found them in my Christmas ornament box but kept them out for Valentine's Day.  I hung them on clear command hooks.




I also added one on the chalkboard behind the sink.


I think I kept it kind of simple this year which is fine by me.  I'm not sure what possessed me to have a Valentine party with Westin's party in March and Reagan's first birthday in April.  At least it will be fun to party! :)  I'm so excited to start planning their birthday parties!

15 comments:

Kelli said...

I always love seeing your home decorated for the holidays. I love all of your little touches of holiday around your home.

Katie said...

I love the chevron print! Such cute ideas!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Love the bakers twine and doily herts! What a great idea!

Maryellen said...

Beautiful ~ so festive but not overdone. Love the homemade touch to each item.

Mel Tales said...

Yay! I've been looking forward to this post. I always LOVE your decor. I am really digging those hearts hanging from the mantel! Too cute!

Jessabells said...

Beautiful little touches of Valentine's in your home. Wow, can't believe your beautiful little girl is going to be one already. Time flies! I've been following you before you even had Westin. Hope you are doing well. I remember the days of running after little ones. I kind of miss it.

Many Blessings,
Jessica

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

I think you have the perfect amount of decorations out. Cute too!

Meliss said...

I too love the decorations. Simple and cute. I remember you posting awhile back about your white curtain hangers. Where did you find them?

Anonymous said...

I love how simple and beautiful your valentines decorations are!

Donna said...

Thanks for sharing your home with us. I love those metal signs of yours! In fact you were so sweet to share with me the manufacturer of those signs about a year ago but unfortunately Round Top doesn't make them anymore!

Meliss said...

thank you!!!

Kelly said...

Hi
Love your decorations! Here is a link to the chevron
1 Peter 4:8 printable on interest:

http://pinterest.com/pin/272397477433876781/

:)

Kelly said...

I meant on Pinterest...LOL...

the undomesticated wife said...

Cute! I did the same thing with Christmas ornaments - I have a ton that are hearts and even lips! But I don't use them for Christmas, I use them for my Valentine's Day tree. :b

the online furniture store said...

Toys are looking very beautiful and well decorated at the special valentines day. I really appreciated your efforts. Love your decoration.