Thursday, January 17, 2013

Our World Market Trip Turned Adventure

Hello!  How have I not blogged in over a week?!  The days are just flying by.  A few friends and I started a sewing group and we are meeting once a week to sew and it has been so fun!  I'm a little addicted to making ruffle pants now though.  That is what has been filling all my spare time!
 

My mom and I decided to go to a World Market that is 3.5 hours from me.  We had never been but heard great things about it and wanted to see for ourselves!  We loved it!  It is such a fun store!


It was described to me to be about the size of a large Old Navy and that was a great comparison.  However, I am sure they are all different sizes.  After we went to World Market we looked on the radar and saw snow was coming so we decided to go to Crate and Barrel and then head home.  Well, ten minutes on the road home, we saw this.


It was almost immediate and was a mixture of snow and ice.  After we drove/slid 3.5 hours and had not even made it half way, we decided to pull over for the night.  Unfortunately there is about two choices of hotels between here and there.


We picked the choice with doors on the inside of the building but it was still not a pleasant experience.  We had nothing but we were able to make it to a Walmart to get a toothbrush, pajamas for Reagan and some baby food.


The next morning the roads were pretty clear so we came straight home to take showers and eat lunch.  :) 

Now, on to the fun part!  Here are some pictures of my finds.


I can always use chalkboard labels!


I just love this cute kitchen towel and these bird wooden spoons.


I've lost several measure spoons (how does that even happen?) so I picked up a new set and some fun jars.


I don't need a sugar and cream set but I will probably use these to hold flowers or just use them for display somewhere.


I got Westin and Reagan an Easter basket.  I might attempt to sew liners for these!


My favorite find was one I didn't even plan on getting but when I saw this rug, I couldn't pass it up.


We needed a new rug in our kitchen and I just love this one.


Overall, we had a wonderful adventure!  Reagan couldn't have been better (well, she could have slept all night, but who would in that crib?) and we have a fun story to tell.  :)  World Market was great, although they didn't have any Valentine stuff out yet (or maybe it was all gone) and I am already looking forward to going back!  But probably when the weather is warm and no chance of snow.  :)  Thanks, Mom for always being willing to go anywhere with me! 

18 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my ~ what an adventure! This time of year is crazy dodging snow/ice. Not my favorite at all. I love World Market ~ lots of fun goodies. I would love to hear details on how you started a sewing group and how you do it. Sounds fun! I would love to do that.

Anonymous said...

oh wow- that was quite an adventure!

I like World Market but can't say I'd ever drive 3.5 hours to shop there- they totally should give you something free-ha ha!

Just wanted to tell you that their Valentine's items have free shipping right now on their website- yay!

At least you have a fun story now : )

Aimee said...

Love all your finds! A trip to world market and a trip to ikea are at the top of my travel list!

Sketchy motels have always been a fear of mine! Glad the roads cleared for y'all the next morning!

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

We enjoy world Market too! Recently my oldest daughter and I went 2.5 hrs away to IKEA. We had so much fun! There was a threat of a rain storm later in the day. I was worried we would get stuck in that, but we made it Home just as the drops started to fall. I am not a fan of winter driving. Glad you stopped and played it safe, even though it wasn't the best experience for the night! Love all of your finds! I am a big fan of the chalkboard labels. I just found them myself before Christmas. Have fun with the Easter baskets!

Christi said...

Shannon, World Market is five minutes from me...near Target! If you ever need anything just email and I'll send it to you! You'd be in shopping heaven where I live...ikea 2 hrs away, and most other stores just 5-20 minutes! I had to get the chalkboard labels today after seeing yours! Some valentine stuff was out but not a lot. Target just got theirs out this week.

Kari Beth said...

I love that rug! I'll go with you next time :)

Anonymous said...

Love what you brought home! Check their website for Valentine decor. They have a really cute tea towel that you would love under seasonal!

Julie Rogers said...

That's a crazy adventure---but look at all the cute stuff you found!!

Julie
www.thechirpingmoms.com

Kelli said...

Oh my what an advehture! I love World Market!! There is one about 5 minutes from my house and I visit it often:) I love the stuff you got!

Amber said...

My friend who moved here from Dallas always talks about the World Market that was right where they lived in the city. She said that her and her husband used to take date nights there, it was so much fun! Unfortunately, we don't have one around here. I don't even know that there's one in the state of PA. I'm really loving those measuring spoons and that birdie towel. So cute!

Katie said...

Oh that crib! Scary! :) Bless her heart she looks so happy regardless of the scary crib!

the undomesticated wife said...

Girl, World Market is the best! I have about 3 of them within 15 minutes of me. :) I can also attest to their furniture. I have a wine cabinet and also my dining set is from them. VERY good quality. And they always have fun little things like pillows and dishes and jewelry too.

Giggles said...

Love the bird towel and the spoons. Glad y'all made it home safely.

Jenny said...

What an adventure!
I went to World Market for the 1st time this week and I loved it!
They have such cute things and I almost bought that kitchen towel!

Carrie said...

What an adventure! Love the things you got. I need to go there!

Andrea said...

Love World Market! We have one just a mile down the road it's great! Sounds like you had a great adventure! Glad you're safe! Snowy/icy roads are not fun!

Lauren said...

Ah! World Market is amazing. I'm definitely going to have to go to ours and get some of those chalkboard labels.

Glad you made it home safely! Sounds like quite the adventure. Living in FL, I can't begin to imagine.

Hilary said...

You got a lot of great finds! I love World Market! I love the idea of a Sewing club what a great idea!