Monday, October 22, 2012

Westin's Re-Arranged Room

I feel like I have so many posts swirling around in my head and not enough time to even upload the pictures.  I barely even open my laptop these days!  Maybe I'll catch up one day.  :)

When we moved Westin's room to the former guest room, I was just never happy with the layout. You can see the pictures HERE. We put the crib on the wall that wasn't the garage wall since we worried it would wake him up.  That meant it was a little close to the door and it kind of made the layout awkward.  When my parents were up a few weeks ago I asked them to help me re-arrange.  I am so happy with the new layout!

Walking in from the hallway:
I still haven't put anything in those bottom two picture frames.  :)

Looking in from the doorway:
It still makes me twitch a little to not have the crib in the center of the wall but play space was the number one priority.  :)  He is on the garage wall now but so far he hasn't seem to notice. 

Standing by the crib, looking at the door wall:
Most of his clothes and a few toys are in the black cabinet.



Here is his new play area:
Are you wondering what happened to his bookshelves?  Well, I walked into his room after feeding Reagan one day and found this:

Yeah.  I asked him what happened and he said, "I was doing gymnastics."  So, we put those in the garage and maybe we will hang them back up when he is a little older.  :)

So for now his books are in the cubbies with his toys.  I love how much more accessible his toys are are and his room just feels so much bigger.
We play in there a lot now and he wants to show everyone who comes over "his new room!" :)

14 comments:

Rhonda said...

I just love your style! And I love how often you switch stuff around. I get things stuck in one spot ;) I love the entrance wall - so personal and cute! I would use the exact same phrase about the crib not centered - it would make me twitch a little ;) But in this stage of life, sometimes it is function over form! Did you try angling it in the corner? Would that take up too much space? Just a thought....either way, cute room!!

Jodi said...

I have visions of him climbing the "ladder" book shelves and it makes me laugh! Glad he didn't get hurt when they fell down. His room looks great!

Julie Rogers said...

I LOVE the layout-that black cabinet is awesome. And goodness gymnastics with those book ledges---that's something I would never think of!

-Julie
www.thechirpingmoms.com

emily said...

Love everything about it! The black book shelf is amazing.

I laughed out loud at the gymnastics comment!! Too funny!

Stephanie said...

Oh my! Can't stop laughing at the gymnastics comment! Gotta love 2 year olds. :) Love the new layout, especially that black cubby cabinet. I'm thinking about purchasing one for our playroom. So functional and clean looking. I'm also glad to see someone else keeping their 2 year old in a crib. I plan on keeping my girls in theirs until they can monkey their way out of them!

Apryl Kilgo said...

That is so cute! I've been reading your blog for a while now. I laughed out loud when I saw the comment about what he did with the book shelves.

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

oh my goodness! well at least he was honest, right?! :)

I'm Cindi... said...

Of course he was doing gymnastics! Totally what those were for, right?! :) Love it ALL, Shannon! :)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Totally laughed out loud at the "doing gymnastics" quote. HILARIOUS!

Linds said...

we have lots of "gymnastics" accidents at our house too. Ahhhh... .life with boys! I love the new layout, it looks great! Also, I'm super impressed with how neat and tidy his little t-shirts are folded in the black cabinet.

Bella said...

very cute! I thought those pics on the bottom that you hadn't put pics into yet were two of the same pic of yours ha :-) I love those shelves with the bins, we have those too...love how you can hide stuff in there so it's not sitting out.

Christy said...

I love it. It does look like it has a lot more room.

The Crowder Family said...

I love Westin's new room arrangement--but then again, I loved the old one too! I'm sorry that he knocked down one of his bookshelves that you and Cody spent time making and putting up, but his story is pretty funny! He is such an adorable ham!!

Carrie said...

Doing gymnastics...HAHA!!!! His room looks great!!