Monday, September 10, 2012

Westin's First Day of MDO

Westin had his first day of Mother's Day Out today.  Or as he calls it, "school."  Last year was his first year and he cried for the first several drop offs but by the end of the year he loved it.  He has been asking to go to school all summer so I knew he would love it this year too. 
 
He was less than thrilled when I took a picture of him with the flash in his dark room when he had barely opened his eyes.  ;)  Any other day he would have been up around 7:30 but of course he slept until 8:15 today and we have to leave at 8:45!
 

We had to rush through the first day of school pics.  He is such a stink pot and will make almost every face except a smile.





Finally got a smile.  I think he looks like Dennis the Menace in the picture below and he is definitely as mischievous as Dennis.


He is in the Frogs this year.  His teachers seem SO nice and informative and I'm really excited about them this year.


Here's his little class schedule.  He loves going to chapel and singing songs.


He was so excited before we got there and was a little clingy before I left but he never cried.  That made it so much easier!  I snuck one last picture before I left.


Miss Reagan and I ran a few errands and then came home and hung out together.  It is almost time to go get him and I cannot wait to hear all about his day!

7 comments:

The Smith Family said...

so precious! I love his faces while you were trying to take his picture. So funny! Hope he had a great first day :) i still havent gotten my act together to update my blog. Ha

Kimberley said...

i have a cousin who we called stink pot. i haven't heart that in years! so funny!! he sure is a cutie! not sure i could put my kiddos in the frog room since you know how i feel about them ;)

Melissa said...

So cute! I love the picture with his lunchbox and backpack. I hope he has a great school year!

Kari said...

My oldest son is the same way with not smiling while taking a picture. Before his 1st day of 1st grade he did a face for every superhero THEN he gave me a smile. Eventually it happens, but I do get some cute faces before the smile. And I have to say I love them all.

Jodi said...

So cute! I love all the faces he made in the pictures. Too funny that he slept in on the day you actually needed him up. Hope you enjoyed your time alone w/ Reagan!

The Crowder Family said...

Westin is such a cutie! I love all of his faces, but I think the surprised expression--the third one--is my favorite! I hope he had a great day!

Kelly said...

It amazes me how C is impossible to wake up on school days but every other day of the week is up before I am! They are so silly!