Sunday, September 23, 2012

Football Shirt and Turkey Shirt


Thanks for all the ideas on getting Westin to smile in our upcoming pictures!  I'll definitely be using some of them! 

The other night Elizabeth came over and we made football shirts for Westin and Asa.  It's kind of hard to tell in the picture but the football is a tiny brown corduroy and I think it makes it so much cuter than just plain brown fabric.  It's also a little hard to tell but the shirt is red, which in my book makes it a "Hog" shirt without saying "Hogs."


I decided to make Reagan a turkey shirt using the brown cord and some scraps I had left over from other projects.  My friend, Kari Beth, will be making her some ruffle pants to match.  I can't wait until she can wear this!  Probably the day after Halloween.  :)  I made Westin a turkey shirt like this last year (with boy fabrics, obviously) so I might have to make him another one too.  HERE is his shirt....goodness, he looks like a baby!

Also, do you know where I can find solid color shirts for Reagan that are not onesies?  I can't seem to find any in 9 months.  They seem to start at 12 months.  I just kind of like the look of separates instead of onesies with pants.  :) 

Be on the look out for some giveaways this week! 

14 comments:

Aimee said...

These are so cute! I really need to get up the nerve to do a few of these!

Christi said...

So cute! Okay, where did you get the fabric? Also, our Hobby Lobby got more duck! And do you know where you found the turkey pattern? Thanks for all your elp. You are such a blessing!

Melissa said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the turkey shirt! How adorable!

Shannon said...

Hi Christi! I just drew the turkey. It's basically just two circles. :). All the fabric is from either hobby lobby or Joanns. Some is old but it's all the duck cloth except the yellow paisley and the chevron.

Christi said...

I love the brown! Hmm, my drawing skills are bad...even stick figures! You have great talent. Was your career before kids something in the arts, graphics or fashion?

Shannon said...

My degree is in interior design. I don't think I draw very good either! I mostly just look at a picture and try to re create it. :)

Christi said...

So cute! Love the turkey shirt!

Sarah Robbins said...

I had the same trouble finding shirts not onesies last year with Debby. Old Navy JUST stopped carrying them and switched to onesies- so annoying.

My suggestion would be ordering from American Apparel if you don't have one close. Also, Rabbit Skins or Hanes on Amazon. All three carry a 6-12 month size. American Apparel is my favorite because they are SO soft!

They're not cheap, but it's been the only place I can find things.

Sarah Robbins said...

You can also get them at Target occasionally in basic colors like black, white and pink- I've even bought something with a small design if I knew the applique would cover it- ha!

Bella said...

Love the shirts, I did a few from the bunny post you did awhile back while I was pregnant. Well, Madelyn is long grown out of those by now, I think I may try my hand at the turkey one for her! So cute, thanks for sharing!

mlc said...

I have the same issue because I hate onesies! Hobby Lobby has some plain shirts and they run really small. My daughter is 4.5 months and the 12 month size fits. I wish they were a little more girly, but they still work. Also, I'm planning to try this tutorial soon....

http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2012/05/turn-a-onesie-into-a-bubble-dress.html

Instead of making it a dress, you could just cut it a little shorter and make the ruffle be the bottom of a shirt instead of as the bottom of a dress. Just an idea!

Please post if you find anywhere that does carry actual shirts in smaller sizes.

Kelli said...

Love the turkey shirt!

KLoutsch said...

Love the shirts! Check Children's Place for plain colored non-onesie shirts.

Terri said...

I went to hobby lobby today to get fabric to make a similar tukey - MLC was correct, the 12 month shirts are PERFECT! They run small AND I think I might add a ruffle on the bottom to make it a little more girly! And maybe a ruffle on the sleeve too...they will be perfect with leggings!