Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Five Months-Reagan




Our little Ray Ray is five months old already.  I hadn't really thought about it until I just wrote that sentence.  Wow.  She is growing up so fast.  Here are some things she is up to:

-  You had your 4 month check up last week and you weigh 15 lbs 7 oz (75%) and are 25.2 inches long (75%).
-  You seem so much bigger than Westin at this age but in looking back at his baby book, y'all are actually pretty similar.
-  Size 3 diaper
-  6-9 month clothes
-  Your biggest accomplishment this past month is that you roll over from your back to your stomach all the time now.  You can roll to both sides but prefer your right side.
-  You slept on your tummy one night but since then you haven't rolled over in your sleep anymore.
-  You take a morning nap, afternoon nap and sometimes an evening nap.  You are not the greatest napper so I'm probably going to have to do a little baby boot camp on you.  :)  Your naps range from 45 minutes- 2 hours.  You always wake up at 45 minutes.  I've been letting you cry it out (for no more than 10 minutes) lately and you usually always go back to sleep.
-  You don't suck on your thumb or take a paci but during the night you soothe yourself by sucking on your palm.  You also do this when you are tired.
-  You still nurse exclusively about every 2.5-3 hours. 
-  My goal is to start you on rice cereal at six months since it is recommended that breast fed babies nurse for 6 months without any cereal.  I had always read that but I was glad to hear your Dr. actually say that at your appointment.  We will see how this month goes and if it seems like you would benefit from cereal we will start it a little earlier than 6 months.
-  You love your play mat, excersaucer, swing and lamb seat. 
-  You grab for everything and bring everything to your mouth.  You love to chew on all of your toys.
-  You love bath time and can kick and splash as much as your brother.  You love to steal the washcloth and suck on it.
-  You chew on your toes all the time.  You are a happy girl when you can get both big toes in at once.
-  You are SO smiley and smile at anyone who will talk to you.
-  I think you would rather be walking.  You want to go.  You try to sit up when you are laying down and it looks like you are doing sit ups!
-  We took you to the nursery for the first time this past month and you did good!
-  I am starting BSF next week so you will go to the nursery there too.  Hopefully you will do good with a bottle!  You still fight them.
-  I think we have finally gotten a giggle out of you!  Gran thinks you just haven't seen anything funny yet.  :)  You have laughed a few times and have started to squeal happily. 
-  You talk all the time and you are loud.
-  You are such a joy and we love you so much!


First time going to nursery:

First time you rolled over:

Somehow you always end up like this in your swing:






You look so much like your brother!


18 comments:

Jodi said...

OMG she is so beautiful. I love all the different expressions you captured in all of the pics. I love all her clothes and bows too! :)

Mallorie said...

Shannon, she is ADORABLE! :-) I love all of these pictures. She is just DARLING!!

Bella said...

She is such a doll! So...I was wondering if you could do a post on you napping boot camp?! :-) I have a four month old who hates her crib and also doesn't like to nap (she wakes up at the 30 min mark always!). I'm trying to crib/sleep train and am having issues. She is my first!

Julie Rogers said...

SOOO adorable---seriously, I just LOVE this age!!

-Julie
http://www.thechirpingmoms.com

Mer said...

SHE IS A DUMPLIN! So so cute:)

Kimberley said...

she could not be any cuter!! so so precious!! love her precious smile!

Maryellen said...

Sweetest chubby legs !

Katie said...

I love all her faces! She looks like she has a GREAT secret to tell in the pic where she's wearing brown with pink polka dots.

Kelli said...

Oh Shannon she is just so cute. Her smile oh my it makes me smile. She is at such a fun age.

Elizabeth said...

So sweet! I love all her little outfits!!

The Crowder Family said...

She is beyond precious! What great pictures!!

Andrea said...

What a doll!! You can't help but smile right back at those precious pictures!!

Kristen said...

She is a smiley little girl! I couldn't help but smile when I was looking through those!

Mark and Ashlie said...

She is precious--and seriously the most smiley baby I have ever seen!

Michelle said...

I'm bad-I've been reading your blog for years and hardly ever comment. But I had to today because she is just so stinkin' cute! I could just pinch those little cheeks in that first pic! Enjoy her...they grow up so, so fast.

Christy said...

Oh my goodness, look at Miss Reagan! She is so precious and growing so fast. I agree, she looks so much like her big brother.

Kari Beth said...

doll baby! miss y'all!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

So sweet!! She and W do have so many similarities! :)