Our little Ray Ray is five months old already. I hadn't really thought about it until I just wrote that sentence. Wow. She is growing up so fast. Here are some things she is up to:
- You had your 4 month check up last week and you weigh 15 lbs 7 oz (75%) and are 25.2 inches long (75%).
- You seem so much bigger than Westin at this age but in looking back at his baby book, y'all are actually pretty similar.
- Size 3 diaper
- 6-9 month clothes
- Your biggest accomplishment this past month is that you roll over from your back to your stomach all the time now. You can roll to both sides but prefer your right side.
- You slept on your tummy one night but since then you haven't rolled over in your sleep anymore.
- You take a morning nap, afternoon nap and sometimes an evening nap. You are not the greatest napper so I'm probably going to have to do a little baby boot camp on you. :) Your naps range from 45 minutes- 2 hours. You always wake up at 45 minutes. I've been letting you cry it out (for no more than 10 minutes) lately and you usually always go back to sleep.
- You don't suck on your thumb or take a paci but during the night you soothe yourself by sucking on your palm. You also do this when you are tired.
- You still nurse exclusively about every 2.5-3 hours.
- My goal is to start you on rice cereal at six months since it is recommended that breast fed babies nurse for 6 months without any cereal. I had always read that but I was glad to hear your Dr. actually say that at your appointment. We will see how this month goes and if it seems like you would benefit from cereal we will start it a little earlier than 6 months.
- You love your play mat, excersaucer, swing and lamb seat.
- You grab for everything and bring everything to your mouth. You love to chew on all of your toys.
- You love bath time and can kick and splash as much as your brother. You love to steal the washcloth and suck on it.
- You chew on your toes all the time. You are a happy girl when you can get both big toes in at once.
- You are SO smiley and smile at anyone who will talk to you.
- I think you would rather be walking. You want to go. You try to sit up when you are laying down and it looks like you are doing sit ups!
- We took you to the nursery for the first time this past month and you did good!
- I am starting BSF next week so you will go to the nursery there too. Hopefully you will do good with a bottle! You still fight them.
- I think we have finally gotten a giggle out of you! Gran thinks you just haven't seen anything funny yet. :) You have laughed a few times and have started to squeal happily.
- You talk all the time and you are loud.
- You are such a joy and we love you so much!
First time going to nursery:
First time you rolled over:
Somehow you always end up like this in your swing:
You look so much like your brother!