Friday, September 28, 2012

Fall Living Room and Dining Room

Every year I put out less and less seasonal decor.  I think it is the season of life we are in because there is just no time.  Maybe one day I'll go all out like I used to.  But I do like to make it festive for Westin (and me.)  :)
 
I had a brilliant idea the other day.  Why not pick up those pretty leaves in our front yard and make a garland?!  I spent a few minutes taping them onto some twine and hung it up on the fireplace.  I was so happy with it and even showed it off to Cody asking him how cute it was.  :)
 


Um, that brilliant idea should have been thought out a little.  I totally forgot about the fact that those leaves would dry out and curl up and turn brown.  In one day.  Duh!  So plan B.  Use fake leaves I already have.


Maybe not as natural looking but I still like it.  Live and learn!



Fall print from HERE.





I got this old laundry basket from Antique Farmhouse.  I have always wanted one and every time I saw one in a flea market it would always say "not for sale."  I haven't done anything with it yet but I hope to make a liner (or hire someone to do that!  :) ) and use it for actual laundry or toys.  Not sure yet.


Up next, the fall kitchen!

12 comments:

Mel Tales said...

Love your decorations girl! It looks great!

We4Kingz said...

Love your decorations. I love the simplicity of the garland. By the way, your kids are precious!! ;)

Melissa said...

So cute! Don't worry about putting out less decorations...there are more important things to do during this season. Besides, what you have out is super cute and festive!

I love the idea of putting pumpkins in in the iron stand. I might add that to our decorations this year-thanks for the idea ; )

Kelli said...

Love all of your fall decorations. Cute garland! I found some cute fall printables that I wanted to print out for fall but then my printer broke and I am still waiting for a new one.
Happy Friday!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

As soon as I started reading I was thinking, "Wow, how in the world did she get the leaves not to shrivel up?" lol! I honestly think the second way looks super cute, too. That laundry basket is so neat!

Amber said...

I'm with you on the decorating, Shannon! I don't go all out anymore either! Three kids and homeschooling kinda limits my time! :) But I do like to tuck little things here and there! Your place looks great!

I'm Cindi... said...

Cute, cute, cute!! And I just had a flashback to Jake's first Thanksgiving and a craft I tried to do with his handprint and leaves. Yep...dried up, curled up, and turned brown. LOL!

The Crowder Family said...

So cute, as always! I can't wait to see the kitchen, hon!

Christi said...

Love the fall decor! You always do such a great job!

Amy said...

I would love to follow you on Pinterest but can't seem to find you. Do you mind sharing the url to go directly to your page? Thanks!!

Dani said...

Hi Shannon,

I've followed your blog for years but I've never left a comment before. Your home looks lovely for fall; you always do a great job decorating for the holidays.

Blessings,
Dani

Kayla said...

Hi Shannon! I love your cute little house! It makes me want to curl up and read a book and drink hot chocolate! :) Try this tutorial from Sarah at Clover Lane for drying the real leaves. It works and then you can have your beautiful garland again! :)

http://www.memoriesoncloverlane.com/2010/11/great-fall-activity-waxing-leaves.html