Friday, September 7, 2012

A-Frame Tent

Quick question- Does anyone know why in some of my past posts the pictures are just big black boxes?  I have plenty of storage space in my picasa web albums so I'm not sure what is going on.  Any advice?



I first saw these a-frame tents on Erin's blog HERE.  She got the idea from THIS post.  It looked like a very simple but fun project so I did what I always do, called my Dad. :) I sent him the link and my mom texted me a picture that night of the tent.  I went to Joann's and got some gender neutral fabric (even though Westin is the only one who plays in it right now) and hemmed all four sides.


Then I took some coordinating gross grain ribbon and sewed a piece on the front and back of each corner to tie to the legs.  The original plan calls for elastic but I honestly have never worked with elastic and just went with what I already had. 


I also added these rubber stops to the bottom of each leg because the tent would slide open on our hardwoods and tile.  I got these in the hardware section at Walmart for less than two dollars and they work great.


He loves playing in here and usually brings his pillow to put under it and acts like he is going to sleep.


Of course I had to add a chalkboard.



Thank you, Dad for another fun toy!  Oh, I almost forgot!  My favorite part is that it folds up flat for easy storage under a bed or in a closet.  :)

7 comments:

Kaki said...

How fun and simple!! My little girl would LOVE that! Hmm... this weekend just got a new project :)

Tara said...

Super cute and fun!

Carla said...

Adorable!! How simple is that!!

The Crowder Family said...

Shannon, I love it! The fabric you picked out is so cute! And I just adore the chalkboard and the ribbon on the bottom--I think I'm going to have to add that to mine! You are so smart!

Heather @ Simple Syrup said...

My boys would go crazy for this.... I may have found my husbands next project. Is there anything you would have done different with it??

I'm Cindi... said...

This is PRE-CIOUS, Shannon!!! Grandpas as the BEST...especially when they're handy. :) I put my dad to work for me over the Labor Day weekend, and he made an open "medicine cabinet" for the boy's bathroom from super old wood. I just love it! And I love spending time with my dad doing projects too. That's the best part of all really.

Christy said...

that looks like a fun project!