Friday, August 31, 2012

Freezer Paper Transfer and Appliqued Shirts

Have y'all ever noticed how boring my titles are?  I love the cute witty titles but I also love being able to find a post when I'm looking for it.  :)  So I try to be as descriptive as possible.  Anyways, I made some new shirts.  Big surprise!  I told you it can be addictive.
 
I saw Mandy's post HERE and knew I wanted to try some of those techniques.  Hers look so cute!
 
These are all Razorback shirts but you can obviously do any mascot.  :)
 

She had the idea of taking an old t-shirt and cutting out a part of the design and putting it on a child's shirt.  So I found an old Hog shirt at the thrift store and cut out the Razorback and then appliqued it on a shirt using the steps I posted about HERE.  Westin loves his "pig sooie" shirt!


She also made a shirt using the freezer paper transfer method.  I had never done this before but followed the same tutorial she followed, HERE.  The whole time I was doing it I kept thinking "I don't know how this is going to work."  But it turned out great!  This was such an easy process and one I'm sure I will repeat.  It was fun too! 


I couldn't leave Reagan out so I made her a fabric appliqued onesie with some cute pink (almost red) chevron fabric I found at Joann's.


We are ready to call those Hogs!

11 comments:

Linds said...

I love the one you did for westin! I may have to do this for my boys. I just get nervous, as I am FAR from crafty and usually this stuff just turns out a complete mess when I try to do it.

The Crowder Family said...

So stinkin' cute! I can't wait to see pictures of Westin and Reagan in their adorable shirts! I also can't wait to make some of my own!

Twice as Nice said...

They turned out darling!

Kimberley said...

LOVE!!!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

oh my gosh, how precious. reagan's is especially cute! thanks for the tip you wrote on my blog! when we come back from our mini-vacation this weekend i'm inspired to try it! :)

the osbornes said...

cute, cute!!! Great job Shannon!

Martha Carolyn said...

Great ideas! I might have to recreate some of these for myself. :-) WPS!

Maryellen said...

They look great.
I hope you know how wonderfully talents you are !
Enjoy your HOGS !

Christi said...

You are so talented! I need to make some VOL shirts.

Christi said...

Looks great! Okay with the duck print what do you use for the solid colr parts of the appliqué? I found it at Hobby lobby but only in prints!

Cari said...

Very cute!! I think I am going to try this. I have been having a hard time finding cute Hog stuff for Emery! Thanks for the idea!! Hope you guys are doing well!! :)

Cari