Tuesday, July 3, 2012

New Kitchen Chalkboard

I have been wanting to update this little corner in our kitchen.  I love the cutting board but it was just blending right in with my wooden spoons.  Yes, I love wooden spoons.  :)  I thought a square chalkboard would look good instead.

I remembered an old picture I had from Kirklands and just painted right on the glass.  I haven't decided if I will paint the frame white.  I'm thinking I might....
Unfortunately this hasn't inspired me to cook something delicious or even to cook at all.  I wish I liked to cook!  It is something I dread and hate most about the day and I hate that I feel that way.  It should read, "Cody, cook something delicious."  :)  Or better yet, I should change the word "cook" to "bake".  Now that is something I do almost daily.  Is it ironic that if my TV is not on cartoons then it is on the Food Network?  I could watch other people cook all day.  Weird!

I feel very professional with this little salt dish I got from Anthropologie.  Have you ever noticed how the cooks on the Food Network have a little bowl with their salt and pepper in it?  They probably don't have a two year old boy who stuck his finger in it the first chance he got though.  Oh well! 

14 comments:

The Crowder Family said...

I love your new chalkboard! I love wooden spoons, baking, and Food Network too! Too funny about the salt...and Westin's little fingers!

Christy said...

I bought some chalk paint over the weekend and plan to go to goodwill to see what type of frames I can find. I hope you have a fantastic 4th of July!!!

tigerchick said...

Hey-Could you tell me about the butter crock? I have one but don't really know how to use it. I like yours better since I am a French teacher.

Twice as Nice said...

My hubby started doing a lot of the cooking when I went to work 7 years ago (just 4 days a week) and he is a great cook. I kinda got out of the cooking mood and now that is it summer and there is grass to mow and we are remodeling the rest of the house I have stated cooking some of the time to help out. Now Shannon I know you love Pintrest and there are SO many great recipes on there. We make an easy one Sunday Bubble up Enchiladas and everyone LOVE IT! My son said there won't be any left overs tonight and he was right. I have a new recipe in the over right now Pizza Casserole and it was easy and it looks good. When ever I try a new recipe and it is good I will let you know. Cody will be so proud and think you spent all day in the kitchen! Happy 4th!

Brittany said...

Can't say enough: I.LOVE.YOUR.HANDWRITING!

The Smith Family said...

Leave it how it is :) it makes it pop against the spoons and the backsplash

emily said...

Cute!!

I never thought to paint on the glass from a frame. Great idea.

Shannon said...

Tigerchick, I love my butter crock!! We just cut a stick of butter in half and put it in the jar and then put the lid on. That's it! Room temp butter ready at any time. I've heard you are supposed to put a little water in the jar to keep the butter fresh but all that did was mold our butter. So we only put butter in there and it never goes bad.

Theresa said...

My mom has a special salt container on her counter too. I love that it makes you feel like the chefs on the Food Network. Fun :)

Linds said...

cute! We keep our butter room temp too.

Karen said...

Butter can stay out for two weeks ~ but ours never last more than a few days. I finally got a salt pot also. Martha Stewart has a kitchen line at Macy's and they come in all colors with a cork lid ~ love it. Love your chalkboard!

lisag said...

I love it Shannon as with all you do.
No worries about cooking, I just learned that I like it. When you are nursing a baby and running after a two year old, the last thing you want to do is cook. My hubby helped out when the boys were little. Now, I love to cook especially chopping vegetables. Hubby loves to come in the door and smell onions cooking on the stove. Most of my recipes begin with that I just realized! I love the green dish. Tell us about that.
Oh, and a funny story about salt on the counter. I own a salt box and when number one son was born, my mom went to our yard and picked blackberries for her famous cobbler. She was busy cooking away but when we sat down after dinner to eat it, she took the first bite and made a horrible expression. She had used salt instead of sugar since she had never used a salt box before! Happy Fourth!

Lana said...

I love your chalkboard. Your house always looks so homey!

I did the same bible verse canvas you did about a week ago and posted pictures to my blog. Thank you for the inspiration. I love it!

Kari Beth said...

LOVE! and i need that salt bowl. i need everything from anthropologie actually :)