Monday, July 9, 2012

My 30th Birthday

This past Sunday I turned the big 3-0.  Cody surprised me with a little get together Saturday night.  It was really funny because I kept throwing a wrench in his plans that he had to go behind me and fix.  My parents came up and my project on Saturday was board and batten in the dining room.  Once we got all the boards up I said, "okay, I can paint this at any time.  Let's go shopping."  My parents just kept pushing me to just go ahead and finish up by painting.  After I couple of coats I was getting pretty frustrated.  Haha!  I finally said that Cody could finish up later but I was done.  I was just not planning on my parents spending all day on a project.  I wanted to paint during naps and bedtime over the next few days.  Anyways, my mom, Reagan and I went shopping and left the house a total wreck!  Poor Cody and G-Daddy.  They finished up the whole dining room and had the house clean and even decorated.  :)


I had a white cake from Cody and a homemade chocolate cake made by my Mom (which she hid in the closet all weekend.) 


It was pouring down rain while we were shopping so I look like a total mess!

 Me and Elizabeth

Lindsey and I.

My brother and his girlfriend, Jessica.


Jason, Katie and I.

Somehow I didn't get a picture with Cody or my parents. :( It was a fun night and I was totally surprised!  Thank you Cody for getting it together and for all the "participants."  :)

20 comments:

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday Shannon! I'm so glad you had a special celebration all about YOU. When I saw Katie's post, I was wondering about the two different cakes and now I know. Did your mom keep checking the cake in the closet? I know I would have. What fun!

emily said...

Happy belated birthday!

Kudos to your husband (and parents) for pulling it off!

Carla said...

Welcome to the 30's club! Happy Belated Birthday!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday-I hope the day was a special memory for you!

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

Happy Birthday! What a great surprise for you!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

I think you look wonderful! Not a hair out of place. :)

Kari Beth said...

I had no clue it was your birthday! Happy belated birthday!

Kimberley said...

Happy 30th! You're such a young pup :) and you are not a hot mess, you look great!!

Christi said...

Happy birthday. Suprise parties are so fun!

The Crowder Family said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Shannon! What a nice surprise from Cody and your parents! And you look great--as always! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Alex and Jill said...

Love that they surprised you!!

I hope you had the best day!

Paula said...

Happy Birthday Shannon,
You are a Blessed Woman!

Christy said...

Happy Birthday, Shannon! I can't wait to see pictures of the finished project!

Aimee said...

Happy Birthday! Love a good surprise party!

Twice as Nice said...

Happy Birthday Shannon! What a wonderful surprise. You have a great husband and family.

Nancy Beyer said...

That is too funny about your mom hiding the cake in the closet. I love it! Happy Birthday!!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun surprise from your wonderful husband.

Olga said...

Happy Belated Birthday Shannon! What a sweetheart to surprise you.

I'm Cindi... said...

Oh how awesome!! So fun! Happy Belated Birthday to you. :)

Anonymous said...

My best friend surprised me on my 50th birthday last year with a party. When I looked at all the pictures taken, I realized that I had pictures made with everyone at the party EXCEPT my husband! I don't know how that happened.
Happy Birthday!