Thursday, July 19, 2012

Master Bedroom Before and After

Cody was off work on July 4th so I asked him if he would paint our bedroom and he agreed!  This was one of the last rooms in the house that we had not painted.  I did not mind the color it was (I do not know what the name is since it was already here.) but after 7 years I was ready for a change.  I first saw the color I wanted on Dear Lillie's blog, HERE.  I loved it!  I showed it to Cody and he liked it too so we went for it.  It is a dark grey color but we have a whole wall of windows so I knew this room could handle it.  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

**The pictures read a little blue but in real life it is a true grey.  Dear Lillie's pictures capture the color more accurately.

BEFORE


AFTER
I broke a plate in the process but have since replaced it with one from Goodwill.  We also recovered the headboard in white linen and I went back to our all white bedding.

BEFORE

AFTER
New lamp from TJMaxx.

BEFORE

AFTER
Cody's new lamp was a brass lamp from Goodwill that I spray painted and used a shade I already had.

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER
I'm tired of that floral picture on the right and am looking for the inspiration to do something different on that wall.

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER
I love this color!  It is Benjamin Moore Kendall Charcoal.  When I walk in the room now it feels so fresh and new.  I love updating with paint!

27 comments:

Amber said...

Looks great, Shannon. We did our basement in a greyish-blue color as well and I love it too. Love all of your white pillows on your bed!

Carla said...

Love the new paint color and the white bedding.

Stephanie said...

Looks great! Kendall Charcoal is the color I chose for my parents' front door a few years ago. It's such a nice grey.

lisag said...

I love it! I don't know if my small bedroom could handle the color but yours does beautifully! Love the lamps too

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

Very pretty and fresh looking! Amazing what a little paint can do!

I'm Cindi... said...

TJ Maxx, here I come! I need a new lamp or two too. GREAT color, Shannon!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Love the color - it really makes everything in your room pop! And the updated lamps look amazing!

The Luna's said...

I love it! Where did you get your white bedding? I've been looking everywhere for some!

Kimberley said...

love it!

Lana said...

It looks so good! It's amazing the difference paint will make!

retaffdwife said...

What a great color the bedding really makes it pop. I love the framed monograms, where did you find them? The matting is wonderful.

Kelli said...

Love the clolr. Most of the rooms in our house are a light yellow and I have been ready for a change for a while now. I keep leaning towards greys and blues. I love the look of your bedroom...really like the plates.
Your entire home is beautiful!

Lauren said...

I think it looks really good, Shannon. You are really productive. it's both fascinating and condemning to me, lol! We've been in our house six years, and there are so many things that need to be updated. The urge to move is competing with the urge to update--not that moving is really an option. =)

Aimee said...

Love the dark grey! I have been itching to paint some room in our house grey but my husband just touched all our paint up the other night and when I brought up painting he said no! haha =) I'll wait a couple of months and try again!

Kari Beth said...

Wow Shannon! I love it!!!!

emily said...

Love it! You have such great taste!

The Crowder Family said...

Oh, I just love it, hon! Bryan and I both really like grey paint and our bedding is white too, so I think it would be perfect in our room. Since we're moving in less than a year, I'm saving it for our next home though. Again, I just adore it in your bedroom!!

Andrea said...

great job on your room. love the gray! your bedding is beautiful by the way.

Olga said...

Very nice Shannon! I love updating with paint. I follow Dear Lillie's blog as well.

Carrie said...

LOVE this! You inspire me to be more "free" with my home decorating. What a difference a coat of paint can make!

Rebecca said...

My husband and I painted our master bedroom the exact same color the exact same week. I am still trying to finish putting the final touches on it.

Sarah Robbins said...

It looks great! We painted our bedroom that same grey two years ago and I still love it SO much! We have all white bedding as well. It's so crisp looking!

Mark and Ashlie said...

Beautiful! Love the new paint and I agree...the white bedding with it looks so fresh and beautiful! I love your blog and your 2 little ones are so cute!

Dear Lillie said...

It looks lovely! The whole room is beautiful!

Shannon said...

retffadwife, I made those monograms a long time ago. I posted about them here:

http://thedavisfamilynwa.blogspot.com/2009/01/re-purposing-old-frames.html

Shannon said...

The Luna's, the bedding is all mix and match. The quilt and king shams are from Bed Bath and Beyond, the Euros are from Dillards and I have some standard white shams from Target that I haven't put on yet. My favorite place to find white bedding is TJMaxx and BBandB.

the undomesticated wife said...

I like the gray a lot!

I've been itching to paint my home office a light gray, but I wonder if it will class with the rest of the house (which is earthtones). Hm.