Tuesday, July 10, 2012

All About Westin-28 Months


-  You might want to skip this post unless you are a grandparent, although it might even bore the grandparents.  :)  I wanted to document some things Westin is up to these days.


-  I have no idea what you weigh but you wear a size 4 diaper, size 6 or 7 shoe and 18-24 month clothes.
- Your vocabulary and speech just blows me away!  We have real conversations and you are starting to use words correctly.  However there are still some funny things you say.
-  You are very much into doing everything "all myself."


-  If a word ends in "ing" then you add an extra "ing" to it.  For example, you say, "We are going-ning to the grocery store."
-  We drive by a lot of farms, barns, cows and horses daily.  The other day you said, "Look at the horses!  And the cowses!" 
-  The Goodyear Blimp was flying around a few weeks ago for the Walmart Shareholders Convention and we walked out of Walmart and you pointed to it and said, "Look at that blimp!"  I glanced up and said, "That's actually a hot air balloon."  Oops!  You are too smart for your own good!
-  You love to tell me what animals eat.  When I ask you what caterpillars eat you say "grasses."  It makes me laugh every time. 
-  The other day we were driving and you said, "What is THAT way over there?!"  I have no idea what you were talking about but it made me laugh.


-  We passed a blue tractor the other day and you said, "Well, yellow tractors dig holes as big as the whole wide world."  What??  Ha!
-  Any time you see words (like a big Walmart sign) you point to it and say, "ABC's!"
-  You can count to 15 and recognize a few letters.
-  You can sing "Amazing Grace", "Father Abraham", the "Star Spangled Banner", "Silent Night" and "Away In a Manger".  These are the songs I always sing to you at bedtime.  Ha!
-  You are 100% all boy.  You run every where you go (even from room to room), you usually add in a spin move or flip, you climb on everything (I found you in the kitchen sink the other day), and you would spend all day outside if you could.
-  You love matchbox cars and motorcycles and there is usually one in each of your hands.  Your favorites are the character cars from the movie Cars.  Luigi and Guido are the current favorites.
-  Your favorite movies right now are Cars (or "Lightening A Ma Tween" as you call it), Toy Story 3 and Jungle Book.  You still request to watch your Baby Einstein movies too.
-  We have finally moved on from Barney and now the cartoons you like are Team Umizoomi and Bubble Guppies.  Your Gran taught me well so I do not record the ones that are about magic, witches and wizards.  Haha!


-  At the end of your crib is a collection of cars, motorcycles and airplanes that keep you very entertained for about 30-45 minutes when you wake up for the day or from naps.
-  Speaking of naps and sleeping, you love your crib and still take about a 3 hour nap every day.
-  Your favorite foods right now are pizza, mac-n-cheese, hamburgers and most fruits.  You love suckers and will always pick sweet/fruity candy over chocolate.  You love peppermints!  You love apple juice, orange juice, milk and always ask for some of "mommy's juice" which would be Diet Coke.  :)
-  You love your sister so much and always have to kiss or touch her if you see her.
-  The other morning when we went to get her up you said, "Good morning Sweetheart!"  The funny part is that I have never said that so it made me laugh!

-  You are definitely two and sometimes I think you have a split personality. You can be the sweetest most polite boy one minute and the next minute you are a throwing toys in a fit and crying.  I'm always trying to stay one step ahead of you so I can be ready to distract you/re-direct you when something doesn't go exactly like you would like it to.
-  The other day at the DMV you walked up to some lady and started talking all about "your brown dog at home that was named Coco and has a short tail."  Oh my word! We do not even have a dog.  Then you thought you needed to call the Hogs.  You are not shy!
-  At the post office you entertained every one by showing your dance moves. 

Westin, you keep us on our toes but you are so easy to love.  You are so full of joy and laughter and sass.  We love everything about you and when we are not with you we are usually talking about the funny things you do.  I thank the Lord for you every single day.  I'm so proud to be your Mama!!  I love you!

13 comments:

Twice as Nice said...

He is SO adorable. I just love when he smiles because his whole face lights up. What a blessing he is to Reagan. I am sure she will look up to her big brother her whole life. You went through a lot to have him and God has blessed you with a wonderful little boy!

Katie said...

Love the pic of Reagan and Westin! She is looking so old on her tummy.

Linds said...

oh my word. I a DYING about the brown dog named co-co. That is the funniest kid story EVER. haha!

The Smith Family said...

He sounds like such a fun little boy :) i bet westin and davis would have so much fun together!

Kelli said...

He is so cute! We always kept lots of fun stuff in my sons crib to keep him busy before we came and got him in the morning.

hi-d said...

I must be old and boring because I always LOVE these posts. haha...KIDDING!!! I'm not old and boring...OH, I MEAN...these posts aren't boring. LOL...

Westin is too cute. That's hilarious about the dog story. And Maximus does that with signs too...although he tends to say, "ah B...ah B...B.B.B." (Like when he sees Babies R Us).

hi-d said...

p.s. How do you keep track of all of these cute stories? Do you journal or write things down as they come up?

Christy said...

Oh my gosh, he sounds like Parker in so many ways. Parker has started adding "s" to everything like "mamas, dadas". He is too precious and I sure enjoy watching him grow!

Alex and Jill said...

Sweet Westin. I have a post in the works for Amelia...this is such a fun(ny) age!!

The Crowder Family said...

What an adorable post about adorable Westin! I love reading about all of the funny things he says! What a ham! I love all of the pictures of him, but I think the one with Westin and Sweetheart is my favorite!

Anonymous said...

He's adorable! Do you remember where you got your popsicle holders?

Shannon said...

The Popsicle holders are from Home Goods.

Carrie said...

What a cutie! I loved reading this because it kind of tells me what I have to look forward to with my boy! And the story about him telling the lady about his brown dog....so FUNNY!!!!