Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Backyard Toy Storage

Our outside toys are quickly getting out of control.  Westin spends half the day out back playing.  He loves driving all his cars, trucks, motorcycles and anything else he can find through the dirt.  He loves playing in the water and playing with his dinosaurs around the plants.  He loves it all!

I saw on Katie's blog she had plastic bins on her fence holding outside toys.  She told me she drilled holes in the bottom to let rain water drain so that is what we did.   

I found these plastic bins in the garden section of Walmart and Cody drilled holes in the bottom.  I bought the hooks at Walmart too and we screwed them into the fence posts.


They are low enough that Westin can put his toys up and they are easily removable if we want to take the bins to another part of the yard.  I'm thinking we may need a few more.  They are really handy!


This boy would live outside if we let him!

11 comments:

jessica kiehn said...

do you sit outside with him the whole time?! I would think that would get hot and boring very quickly, if we're being honest!

Brittany said...

Super cute idea! I love that they are able to be moved around if he wants to play somewhere else in the yard.

Linds said...

I wish we had thought of this before we purchased a HUGE container for our patio. This seems much more kid friendly (and probably a lot cheaper!).

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

Wow, great idea....obviously your first commentor doesn't have children yet. Does she not see him laying in a kiddie pool....if we're being honest! Good Mommies are outside with their little ones aren't we! Again, great idea! Sorry, just had to be honest!

The Smith Family said...

Great idea!

Johannah said...

I just came across your blog when reading Building Bridges & Making memories. I love the storage idea here! It's perfect for backyards, and your little ones are adorable!!! =)

Miss E said...

cute idea!... that last pic is a framer!

Twice as Nice said...

That is a really great idea! Wish I would of seen it when Logan was little. Your little guy is such a doll!

Brittany said...

Great idea! I need to do this!!

I'm Cindi... said...

How cool is THAT?! Such a neat idea. And that is the biggest and brightest smile I think I've seen all week. Love me some Westin!

Happiness Is... said...

That's pretty brilliant!