Monday, May 14, 2012

Butterfly Release

I have some catch up posts to do!  This past week was a busy one.  On Thursday night, Westin and I snuck out of the house to go with Jason, Katie, Zach and Colson to the Butterfly Release in honor of Reese. 



Zach is such a sweet big cousin to Westin!  He loves leading him around and Westin just goes willingly.  I love watching them together!  I have great cousins but I don't have any around my age.  I'm happy they will grown up playing together.


Zach loved collecting the butterflies.


Westin wasn't too sure of them.  He liked opening the envelopes and watching them fly away but he didn't want them to land on him.



These three boys are so wild and so sweet and such blessings!  I pray they are always very close and make many memories together!  I think Katie and I will definitely have our hands full for a long time!

Thanks for always including us, Katie, in ways we can honor Reese. 

4 comments:

the undomesticated wife said...

Sounds like a fun day out!

Theresa said...

It must be such a blessing for Katie to have you there with her at these bittersweet moments. I know that my sister-in-law and I are very close and it's so wonderful to be raising our kids together. My husband and I moved back to my hometown so that our kids could grow up with their cousins. It's a very special bond and I'm sure that Westin, Colson, Zach and Reagan will be the closest of friends for life. And they'll always have Reese watching over them.. Truly special.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

So much beauty in these pictures. What a wonderful way to honor Reese.

The Crowder Family said...

This is such a sweet post! I know it blessed Katie and Jason that you and Westin were there!
I love the picture of you and Westin by his tree, and I love his haircut--it makes him look even more grown-up!
Thanks for telling me about the bloomers on my blog! I don't know if you've see it, but I wrote you back both times.