Thursday, April 12, 2012

Reagan's Birth Day

We are getting used to being a family of four around here.  So far it hasn't been that big of an adjustment thanks to my mom being here all week!  Also, Reagan is a pretty easy baby right now too.  She only got up once last night but I know it is different every night right now.  She nurses great and is already back to her birth weight.  Westin is adjusting well and LOVES to kiss her all the time.  He is really sweet and gentle with her but has started showing a little jealousy.  I'm not sure if he is jealous or is just being a wild two year old.  :)

The night before Reagan was born we got some pictures of our family of three.


Gran got Westin a big brother shirt that he was proud to wear!

The day she was born she looked exactly like Westin.  She had already changed the next day and now she doesn't look as much like him.  She definitely resembles him in some of her facial expressions but a lot of people are saying she looks more like me. 

When she came out and they held her over the curtain my first words were, "Why is she so small?!"  Haha!  I'm not sure what I was thinking but in my mind I just knew she was going to be a big baby.  I'm going to blame that on the drugs.  :)

We tried to get a picture with her birthday sticker from Watch Me Grow but it was a challenge!  She has her hands up over her face in almost every picture.  She must have been like that in the womb because you couldn't pry them down if you tried.
Westin entertained himself with the grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.  He also had fun with tissue paper and the socks they gave me to wear.
First family picture.
The day after she was born I thought it was time to dress her up.  This sweet little gown was a gift from Kari Beth.  It was a perfect fit!
Right before we left to go home.  This was such a different experience than with Westin.  I couldn't even stand up to walk to the car with him without getting dizzy.  Leaving with Reagan and actually walking out of the hospital with little pain was a wonderful feeling!  Notice her hands in the picture below.  That is how they are almost all the time.

Just ignore the quadruple chin.  Haha!  Westin wore this same gown home except his was trimmed in blue.
Two kids in the backseat!
Westin loves to kiss her all day long.

Yesterday she turned one week old! 

We celebrated her one week birthday with her first bath.  Ha!  We kept forgetting and I wanted to wait until Cody could do it with us, so last night it was finally time.

She did not enjoy her bath one bit but she did like having her hair washed.  Westin gets concerned when she is crying and was trying to put her paci in for her.  Such a sweet brother!

Thank you all for praying for a safe delivery and for all the congratulations!  The delivery and hospital stay could not have gone better.  Thank you!  I hope to post some Easter pictures next and then hopefully be caught up!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's so precious! You all look great!

Karen said...

Oh my look how small she is next to Westin......Congratulations! They are precious together. I would have loved to have mine closer together ~ 10 year space b/w daughter 1 & 2 and then a 15 year space b/w daughter 2 & 3. God's plan!lol

Katie said...

She is so precious! I am so happy to hear that all has gone well! It looks like Westin is going to be a great big brother. You've got two beautiful children. Enjoy these sweet little, tiny baby days! :o)

I'm Cindi... said...

So happy for you, Shannon! LOVE the one of Westin trying to help with her paci. :) I'm so glad you feel so much better this time around. Most of all, I'm glad Reagan is here, healthy, and happy. :) BTW, she is dressed to the T, and I LOVE it!!!

Karen At Home said...

She is so beautiful Shannon! Jillian went through a tough time getting adjusted to Nicholas but is finally improving. It took three weeks for her. She loves him but sometimes gets a little rough to get attention. She also acted out A LoT so don't worry, it does get better, it just started too. I was worried it was a toddler thing too but luckily she seems to be improving. It's hard not to feel torn between the two sometimes, I am still struggling with that. So glad to hear your Mom is there to help out!!!

Allison said...

Congratulations! Both of your babies are just precious! Beautiful family. God bless!

Christy said...

Congratulations, Shannon! She is beautiful. I'm so happy that Westin is loving his role as Big Brother!

Theresa said...

You have a beautiful family. I'm sure your kids will be the best of friends as they grow. I had trouble with my 2 year old being a little crazy around our youngest simply because he was 2 and so excited, but it didn't take long for him to lose interest in the newness of his sister and spend less time on top of her. My daughter became able to protect herself from him pretty quickly :) You look absolutely amazing for having just had a baby. Congratulations!!

Elizabeth said...

She is precious! And you look great! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Leslie Regan said...

You have a beautiful family of four! Congratulations!!

The Buchanan Family said...

So precious!

emily said...

She's beautiful!

I love the last picture...such a sweet brother!

you have such a beautiful family!

Joelle said...

Congratulations Shannon! We've recently became a family of 4 as well.. so much fun and blessings!

Fabiola said...

Sweet Reagan, she is so precious!
I kept praying for you and her. I can't wait to see her growing up ; )

Twice as Nice said...

I think she looks a lot like her mommy. Westin is just sweetness. He will be a great big brother. She is precious and what a blessing! I was just thinking the other day that I started to read your blog around Easter time back when your nephew Zach was a baby and he was at your house and I thought he was yours. Now here it is a few years later and you have 2 of your own! All in God's timing.

Happiness Is... said...

Congratulations again! She is perfect, and God is good!

Paula said...

What an absolutely beautiful family you have! Our God is Good, All the Time!!!

julie & joe said...

She is beautiful and I am sure that Westin is going to be an awesome big brother!

The Provincial Homemaker said...

Congratulations. She is gorgeous. I have been interested to watch you tale unfold. Our daughter is about 3 weeks younger than Westin and our second baby is due in a 2 weeks, so we are looking at almost an identical age gap. Hope all settles down soon.

Amy said...

congratulations shannon and family! somehow i missed that reagan was born! so happy she is here safe and healthy!!!
our experience w/ baby #2 was SO much different, too. i remember when we had libbi i was much the same way - i could barely walk - it was terrible. plus we were a nervous wreck. i rode in the backseat w/her on the way home and i don't think we barely even talked to each other we were so nervous.
when we had laney, i completely forgot to ride in the back with her and we stopped through the drive thru at chickfila on the way home - haha!
my recovery was also SO much easier (and much faster) praying the same for you!!
congrats again - she's beautiful!

Laura said...

Congratulations. You have a beautiful family. Praise God for another healthy baby and mommy.

Kari Beth said...

Awww.....love the sweet pictures of brother with sister! Melts my heart! And makes having a baby seem a little more doable :)

Its So Very Cheri said...

She is so precious. I love your kiddos names. So cute!

You have a beautiful family.

Cheri from Its So Very Cheri

bella said...

I am so happy you had a wonderful pregnancy and delivery. I kept you in my prayers. Your family is beautiful!!