Thursday, March 1, 2012

Updates and Hometown Shower

First of all, thank you, thank you, thank you for praying for my Grandmother.  She is doing sooo much better!  Her pneumonia cleared, she got off the vent and trach and is now in the rehab part of the hospital gaining her strength with physical therapy.  It is truly a miracle she has come this far and we are so grateful!  She has her second granddaughter to meet soon!

I am currently 34 weeks (I think!) and our scheduled c-section date is April 4th!  It is so fun to have an exact date.  I'm just praying I make it to 39 weeks.  :)  Westin came at 37 weeks, so we will see! 

This past weekend Katie, Colson and I went to Little Rock for Reagan's shower. The same women that hosted Westin's shower also hosted this one and it was just as beautiful and special.  Like I said before, it is such a blessing to be showered with gifts for a second baby.  And showered we were!  I can't think of one thing we need! 

I loved the front door wreaths they made!

Sweet table decorations.

My mom, Katie and I before we left.
The hostesses.  Mrs. Ray, Christina, Leah, me, Elizabeth and Mrs. Rush.  I've known Mrs. Ray since high school, Christina since 7th grade and Mrs. Rush, Leah and Elizabeth since birth.  :)
We are so grateful for everyone who came.  Thank you! 

Westin will be TWO on Monday and his airplane party is this weekend.  I'll be sure to post pictures!  I can't believe it is already here.  Also, the nursery is finished except the glider is not in but I will post pics of that too!

12 comments:

A Hint of Home said...

I'm so happy to hear of your grandma's improvements! Olivia is doing better and her pathology report is all benign. We have so much to be grateful for!
You look adorable and I'll be praying for you to make it to the C-section that's scheduled.

Debbie said...

You look so beautiful :0) I can't wait to see pics from Westin's party..I'm 35 weeks along and my daughter came at 37 weeks also, so I'm just holding my breath and praying that I make it longer! hehe...my due date is on April fools day (yikes) so they haven't scheduled me since we asked to not have that date if we can help it! :0) God bless.

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

you look great! :)

Kelly said...

Happy(almost) Birthday Westin! We will think of you when Carter and I blow out our candles on Monday too ;)

Kimberley said...

wow, this has been a fast pregnancy! well, for me anyway, ha! :) you look great, i hope she stays snug and warm until the big day! and i cannot believe westin is almost 2! just crazy how fast time flies!! can't wait to see his party! i'm sure there will be plenty of ideas for me to steal ;)

jillsloothaak said...

My son's birthday is April 4th! 4/4 is a fun birthday and April is such a wonderful time of year to have a baby!

Twice as Nice said...

Loved seeing your belly! I was hoping for April 5th (mine and twin's birthday! but instead it's on my hubby's birthday). Twin and I are going to San Diego for a week and when we get back I will get your other stickers made. Not sure if you game me your address or not but just email me it again. Hope she doesn't come before your sticker do!

Happiness Is... said...

Wondeful news about your grandmother! And, what a blessing to be showered again!

Kari Beth said...

Glad to hear grandma is better!!!! Love the pics!! See ya Saturday!

Alex and Jill said...

So happy to hear your Grandmother is doing well!!

You look beautiful. How special to have friends that you've known since birth!

Can't believe your boy is almost 2. I know the party will be perfect. :)

Busana Muslim said...

Thanks lot for this useful article, nice post

Mallory said...

I'm a new reader. You look great! I love the necklace you're wearing with the black dress and yellow sweater. Mind sharing where you got it? :)