Monday, March 12, 2012

Reagan's Nursery

Reagan's glider came in so we can now say her room is finished.  Now we are just waiting for her arrival....three weeks from Wednesday!

When I was pregnant with Westin, my first choice was to do an all white nursery.  I took his room in a different direction so when I found out this was a girl, I knew I wanted that white nursery.  The funny thing is, it has turned into a pink and white nursery and I really didn't even want pink.  It started with the bedding.  I did not want to do custom bedding (too exhausting), but finding ready made white bedding is all but impossible.  At least it is if you have a budget.  :)  So we went with THIS bedding from Pottery Barn Kids.  That kind of started the pink and white theme.



We moved this bookcase in from the guestroom.  It is a little big but there is room to grow with the empty shelf. 


My mom got this record of birth print when I was born but never used it.  I framed it and hung it from a drawer pull from Hobby Lobby.  I might fill it out with a dry erase marker on the glass or I might just leave it blank too!  Ha!  I loved all the vintage children.


We got the same chair we got for Westin's nursery.  This room is tiny so we have to get the smallest model Best Chairs makes.  It is the Patoka model and can be found HERE.  Thank you to Brittany for going to IKEA and shipping me the white drapes!  I glued pink pom pom fringe to the edges and added black out liners.


We found her chest of drawers at an antique store and changed out the white wooden knobs with pink metal ones from Hobby Lobby. 



This is another drawer pull my dad installed so I could hang this picture from it.  I found the print HERE.


Her closet is stocked and ready to go!  All her clothes are in the chest of drawers except her dresses.  They are all hanging up in the closet.  I made the bow holder by covering a canvas in a piece of scrap fabric and stapling twine on it to clip the bows onto.

More sources:
Butterfly mobile-HERE
White drapes-HERE
Black out liners-Walmart (they just clip on the back of the curtains)
Board and batten tutorial-HERE

29 comments:

Brittany said...

It looks great! I can't believe what you did to the curtains! They look awesome! They don't even look the same. When I first saw the photo I thought you didn't use the ones I sent! ha!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable!!
Everything is SO cute Shannon!
Love your decorating style : )

That little table by the nursery chair is so sweet- one of those short milk glass bud vases with a little rose bud or similar would be sweet : )

Would you mind sharing where you got the lamp on the dresser? I have been looking for one similar.
Thanks!


Looks like all you need now is your little one to arrive!
Blessings!

Shannon said...

Thank you! The lamp base is from Target but the shade is from a flea market. A bud vase would be cute on the table! Everything I have put on it has been confiscated by Westin. Haha I guess it will just have to hold burp cloths and other necessities. :)

Christi said...

You are so talented and creative. I would have never thought to use drawer pulls like that...I love her nursery.

Anytime you need something from IKEA let me know. There's one on the way to visit my mom's house and would give me a great excuse to go!

Also, could I kindly have your address again? I redid my address book and I'm not so sure I was able to keep everything in tack.

I'm so excited for your family. She's welcomed into such a lovely and wonderful family.

Christi
keenerfamily at gmail dot com

Kristen and Andy said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! I love how it turned out - very classic looking. So excited for y'all - can't believe the big day is coming up so soon!!!

LC said...

Oh my goodness, I love it all! Everything is so soft and girly, it's really precious. Great job!

Donna said...

So cute!!!

Happiness Is... said...

It looks great - so perfect and sweet!

Kelly said...

Such an elegant and sweet bedroom. I love all the details. Can't wait to hear what it's like to have two! Keep us posted when that little lady makes her debut! xoxo

Brittany said...

That looks so great. What a peaceful place for your little lady. I love the idea of an all white nursery too.

Linds said...

I need your creativity in my new house. I seriously stare at the walls and get near to tears because I just don't know what to do- ha!

Kari Beth said...

I would love for this to be my bedroom. So sweet & calming! Can't wait for Reagan's arrival!

Shannon said...

Julia, I used regular permanent bond fabric glue from hobby lobby. You can get it at Walmart too. Just go down the seam of the drapes little by little. You could also use hot glue if you can't find the fabric glue.

Donna said...

Oh, it's absolutely perfect! You have done a fabulous job. :)

Blessings~

emily said...

Timeless, girly, sophisticated...just plain beautiful!

I love all your details.

Kimberley said...

i love it! my favorite would have to be the record of birth print. it fits wonderfully in the room!!

Laura said...

You did such a great job on her room. I love the calm colors and touches of pink. You can see there is a lot of love poured into it.

Jessica said...

I just love your baby girl's nursery! I love white and pink. So nice and delicate looking. The quilt on the chair is so pretty. :-)

I'm Cindi... said...

Love it, Shannon!! It is absolutely PRECIOUS!! I can't believe she'll be here in just three weeks (or less). :) Congrats! And I can't wait to see her!

Busana Muslim said...

Thanks lot for this useful article, nice post

Dee said...

Wow! What an awesome nursery.
beneaththeelmtree.blogspot.com

Karen At Home said...

Beautiful nursery!!! Raegan is one lucky grill. Best of luck these last few weeks!

living room curtains said...

Hey
Reagan's Nursery
Saying thanks will certainly not simply be sufficient
This sort of clever work and coverage! Keep up the good works
Thank you!

kyladelaine said...

beautiful!

Leslie said...

What a precious room for your little darling! Can't wait to see photos of Reagan in it!!

sofa pink said...

Hi
Reagan's Nursery
Good day administrator, I really love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written,
many thanks

sofa modular said...

Hello
Reagan's Nursery
Brilliant post, I went through the post ,I found it very informative
Thank you!

Dearest Home said...

What an adorable nursery! I love all of it! Would you mind sharing where you got the cute button/flower artwork above her chest of drawers? I know there is a name for that circle thing but I am not crafty. :( Great job!

sofa Beds said...

Hello
I'd like to peer at extra posts like this. Nice written and comes with almost all significant information.