Monday, March 5, 2012

Party Pictures-Airplane Theme

*I apologize in advance because there are probably more pictures in this one post than is allowed.  :)

Even though Westin's birthday is on the 5th, his party was on the 3rd and so we gave him his big gift then.  He woke up to this fun toy!   (Yes, he still sleeps in a sleep sack and probably will until he's five!  Ha!  He loves it.)


He also got this table and chairs from Gran and G-Daddy.  I think he likes it!

Here are some pictures of the party decorations.  I went LOW-KEY this year.  It was a lot less stressful than his first party and I was just able to enjoy it.  I got THIS party package off etsy and used THIS invitation.  Everything was printed off at Office Depot.

We hung his birthday banner by the front door.  This banner will be making an appearance at every birthday!  :)  Build a Sign sent this to us last year so it was so fun to pull it out and use it. 

I hung a felt birthday banner I already had instead of using the one in the party package. 


Are these cookies not amazing?!  Holly made them to match his party and they were perfect!  Westin loved the airplanes!  Her blog can be found HERE.


The cupcakes and cookies were the table "decorations".


The party favors were a toy airplane, Hershey bar and the party blow thingy.  (Not sure what they are called!)


Popcorn cones.  We re-used Westin's first year picture stand from his first birthday and stuck the cones in here. 


Westin's adorable shirt was made by the talented Kari Beth.  Her shop can be found HERE.  She is amazing and can pretty much do anything in my opinion!




Gran and G-Daddy with Westin.


Westin did not really like waiting to open his presents.  I found him several times sitting here trying to take a peak!  He really "got" the concept of presents this year and it was so fun.


Blowing out his candles!



I tried to get a picture of every guest but some were very good at hiding from the camera.  You know who you are!


Watcha doing Jason?!


Cousin Bentley!


Katie had some friends that let us borrow their bounce house and it provided the perfect entertainment.




Finally it was present time!


Checking out his new Little People Airport from Gigi and Papa.

He loved everything he got and just goes from toy to toy playing with everything!  He is definitely a blessed little boy!  Thank you to everyone who came and made his birthday perfect!  I've spent the last two days cleaning out his toys and making room for the new ones.  :) 

18 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Davis got the car thing for his birthday too! He loves it :) what a fun birthday! Happy day westin!

Kelly said...

What a fun day! We did C's party on Saturday too! Looks like you guys had a great time :)

Mrs. Southern said...

Adorable party them! Westin is a such cute little kid! My 2 year old got the same car ramp in december for his birthday and loves it, it's great entertainment for him.

Kelli said...

Such a cute party. I love the popcorn cones...did you make them?

Alex and Jill said...

What a cute party!! You did a great job! After planning Amelia's Valentine party for just 10 kiddos, I'm really contemplating her having just friend parties w/cute theme and then one big family party with just cake/ice cream. It was so much easier to plan a cute party for 10 kids vs. 80 people like we did for her 1st birthday! LOL

Westin is such a cutie. I can't wait to see his little sister...no doubt she'll be a doll just like her big brother!

Happy Birthday, Westin!

Kristen and Andy said...

What a great party - everything looked so cute!! Ok...I think I am finally convinced about that car ramp thing - I have been going back & forth on it for Cannon....and it sounds like its a hit.....so he may just get one too for his bday.

And don't worry about the sleep sacks - we are right there with you! Love them! Plus an added bonus is it prevents them from being able to lift their leg up high enough to climb out of their crib - its a win-win! :)

Olga said...

Cute party Shannon! Westin is just adorable!

Brooke said...

Westin is just the cutest!! Great party! I had to "pin" the picture of those cookies- perfect! :)

Allison said...

He is just adorable. You have a beautiful family.

Catherine said...

Cute pics!! Where did you get the Happy Birthday printable in the frame?

The Timbs Clan said...

You always have the GREATEST Party ideas!! Looks like your little mans party was a big hit!!
Thanks for sharing!! If its ok I would like to share something with you....A local News Station KNWA came yesterday to do a segment on my daughter, Morgan Timbs. She has been raising money for the children of Methodist Family Health. So far she has raised $240.00. She still has a ways to go to meet her goal of $1000 so Please take a moment and read about her amazing efforts and donate!! With the money that is raised she will be helping so many kids from right here in Arkansas that are neglected or abused. What makes this a Unique fundraiser is that Morgan decided to give up her allowance for Lent and donate it to this charity then she decided to take it a step further and turned it into a personal mission to reach out to 1000 people and get them to donate!
My daughter is only 13yrs old and has a passion about mission work and helping others. She is a youth member at First United Methodist Church in Bentonville and attends Bentonville School District. I am in total AWE of her and she has inspired me in so many ways.
Thank You for your time
http://www.facebook.com/events/308557142539649/

Kristen said...

What a fun party! I love all the small details you always manage to think of! I feel like I'm always making mental notes when I come over here to visit! Haha :-)

You look fantastic, too! Can't wait to meet the sweet Little Lady!

sofa leather said...

Hello
Party Pictures-Airplane Theme
Amazing blog post as always! I am very glad to see your post, I located what I was in search of here
Thank you!

Paula said...

Could Westin be any cuter?!! I can't wait to see Reagan and if she favors Westin.
Your party was absolutely adorable.

Shannon said...

I got it off a blog about a year ago. I think it was the blog eighteen25. Also, if you search birthday printable on pinterest I bet you can find it. Hope that helps!

Susan said...

Wow! What a party!

I was interested in the sleep sack as I've never heard of such a thing. Can he walk in it?

Mommarazzi said...

Cute party!! I love the Happy Birthday banner...where did you find it?

sofa slipcovers said...

Hi
Very valuable information is in this article. I've definitely picked up something new from right here.