Saturday, March 31, 2012

Four More Days and Happy Birthday, Mom!

Can you tell I'm counting down the days?!  I'm ready to meet this baby!  In the past couple of weeks my feet, legs and face have started swelling.  This happened MUCH earlier in my pregnancy with Westin so I cannot complain.  I have not had high blood pressure once, which is another blessing.  I never thought I would make it to 39 weeks (on Wednesday) just because of what happened with Westin.  I'm excited about the possibility of a totally different experience this time.  I'm so ready!  Haha!

Elizabeth was sweet enough to volunteer to watch Westin last night so Cody and I could go on a date and run some errands.  You forget how nice it is to sit at a restaurant and have a normal conversation!  Thank you, Elizabeth!  Westin loves his Bella and Asa and had the best time.  As soon as I walked in the door he ran up to me and said, "Fun with Bella!  Fun with Asa!"  :)


Here I am at 38 weeks, 2 days.  Large and in charge!  We planted this dogwood when I was pregnant with Westin.  We plan on planting a pink dogwood soon in honor of Reagan.  Maybe my Dad can help with that in the next few days.  ;) 

Today is my Mom's birthday!!  Happy Birthday!!  We cannot wait to see you tomorrow and celebrate!

19 comments:

Twice as Nice said...

I love seeing you pregnant! You don't look big at all. I can't wait to see her too! I am sure Westin will be a loving brother and big helper. Happy Birthday to your mom. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa said...

I love the idea of planting trees in honor of your children. The dogwood is beautiful and you look adorable! Praying all goes well this week!

Mallorie said...

You. Are. So. Cute!!!! :-) I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet baby girl!!! I am biased but I think little girls are just the sweetest! Prayers for an easy and safe delivery!!!

The Rohman Family said...

That's about the tiniest "large and in charge" I've ever seen :)

Kimberley said...

you look great, and i think you look little for 38wks. i'd hate for you to see my pics at that time, ha! i can't believe it's almost time!! can't wait to see pics :)

Theresa said...

That's a fantastic picture! I love how all the colors you're wearing blend so nicely with the background. I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful baby girl and Westin's reaction to her. I hope you have a wonderful week becoming a famiy of 4!

The Crowder Family said...

You are the most adorable pregnant lady ever! I love the dogwood tree, and I love that y'all planted it for Westin! I can't wait to see the one for precious Reagan. How sweet! I can't believe she's almost here! I'm so excited for your cute family!

I'm Cindi... said...

You look absolutely precious, Shannon!! Wow, the big Birth Day is getting close. Congratulations, and I hope all goes great. My two were definitely completely different even though both were c-sections. So yeah, I'm sure you'll definitely have a whole different story to share this time around. Can't wait to see Miss Reagan!

Cari said...

So excited for you guys! I plan to stop by Wednesday and visit. I hope to see you and catch a glimpse of Reagan!

julie & joe said...

I love the idea of a pink dog wood. Dogwoods are my favorite. My grandmother bought me a pink dogwood when we moved into this house and it bloomed for the first time the year she died. I love having it to remember her.

hi-d said...

You look amazing Shannon! So, so exciting! God Bless!

Emily said...

Love this picture.. you looks great! Good luck with the birth of your new bundle of joy!

Vickie said...

I am so excited for you and your growing family! Good Luck on the 4th!!

Shannon said...

Jessica, there is really no benefit other than cosmetic and keeping limbs from getting stuck in the rails. I do have a video monitor that I watch constantly and as soon as they are able to move around to get to the bumpers then they are strong enough to turn their head if they cannot breathe. I actually did not put Westin in his crib until he had neck control and could turn his head from side to side. :)

Thank you all for your sweet comments!

Jeni said...

Good Luck Tomorrow!!!! I will be thinking about you.

Jeni said...

Ben and Madi are 25 months apart. One of my most enjoyable memories as a mom was laying in the hospital bed after having Madi and my bouncy beautiful little boy came in the room...maybe that was just the first moment my two kids were together but it was a highlight in my life. Enjoy this week. I had two C-sections and remember it's not the easiest but you can still enjoy your blessings.

Kristy Goldman said...

It's April 4! I hope you have a smooth delivery (unless she perhaps made an early arrival!) Congratulations!

Sara said...

Shannon you look so good and are glowing can't wait to meet Reegan. I know she will be spolied with lots of love and likely lots of frills and bows can wait to see pics

Miss E said...

happy birthday reagan... hope mom is doing well