Friday, February 3, 2012

Organizing My Jewelry

I still haven't heard from one of the Watch Me Grow sticker sets!  Go HERE to see if you are a winner. 

I am not a huge jewelry girl.  I wear my wedding rings and earrings everyday and I might throw a necklace on if I'm feeling crazy.  :)  I had all my earrings thrown in a bowl on our bathroom counter and my necklaces were hanging on nails in our closet.  I was always wearing the same earrings or necklace because they were on top of the pile.  So I searched pinterest for some inspiration and found these ideas.  Sorry about the pics-they were taken with my phone.


A picture frame with lace to hold my earrings.  Inspiration found HERE.  I had the frame in my stash so I just painted it blue and hot glued the lace trim onto the back.  I found the lace trim at Hobby Lobby. 


For my necklaces I copied what I saw HERE.   A towel bar with shower curtain rings.  I love this system!  I have been wearing more and more necklaces because I can see what I have and they aren't all tangled up.  Thank you to Elizabeth for telling me what was out of style so I could get rid of them.  I asked her to come over and go through my earrings and necklaces.  I have no clue what is in style and I do not like having more than I would wear anyway.  :)  I don't have the space!   

Funny story about the towel bar...I sent Cody to Walmart to get one for me.  I even sent a picture. He came home with a shower curtain rod!  Haha!  He walked in and said, "Where are you putting this?  It looks big."  Oh my.  I just had to laugh!

7 comments:

Kari Beth said...

LOVE! I so desperately need to do this!

Happiness Is... said...

I need to do that for my earrings - love!

Too funny about the shower rod - like the time the husband came home with cabbage instead of iceburg!

Brandi said...

Love it! Such a clever idea to organize your earrings with lace.

Erin and Ryan said...

Haha! Your last comment about your husband made me laugh out loud! My sweet husband would have done exactly.the.same.thing :)

Maria said...

Love the lace frame! It looks so feminine and pretty. Men, gotta love them!

Nancy B. said...

Love these ideas, functional & cute! & too funny about the shower rod...gotta love our husbands! :) precious blog & family by the way!

Kristy Goldman said...

Love these ideas and so timely for me - I was just telling my husband I needed to get on Pinterest and find some jewelry organizing ideas! Even better is that I just redecorated my bathroom-including changing out my shower curtain hooks. Perfect use for them!