Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Thank you all for praying for my Grandma.  She is not really any better and is getting tired of being in the ICU.  Please continue to pray for her, my Papa and my family.  I know I am so blessed to have all four of my grandparents still alive.  It sure is hard though to see one of them in pain.  Nothing can prepare you for it. 

Westin and I have had a good Valentine's Day so far and look forward to celebrating with Daddy tonight. 

This boy does flips on this chair at least 50 times a day.  If he is not flipping onto the chair he is begging to get on the bed to do flips.  He quickly learned it is not fun to do flips on the floor.  :) 






We met some of our small group girls at the nursing home today to pass out Valentine's.  All of the kids did so good!  Zach really got into it and wanted to make sure every body had one and no one was left out.  Sweet boy.  He even ran out of his Valentine cards and started passing out some of his stickers.  One man thought Westin was his grandson and wanted to hear all the latest news I had to share from "Stacy".  He thought I worked with Stacy at Bingo.  :)  I kept trying to change the subject but he was adamant about hearing all I knew.  :)  He couldn't believe Westin was so big but still thought he was going to be a shortie.   Haha!  Everyone was so sweet and appreciative of the Valentine's everyone made.  We will definitely be going back!

Happy Valentine's Day!

9 comments:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

haha - great story about the man at the nursing home! too cute. :)

Kimberley said...

that is amazing you have all 4 grandparents! i will be praying for your grandma. so sweet you went to the nursing home. so very thoughtful. was that planned or can you just show up? we might need to do this ourselves :)

Lauren said...

"He quickly figured out flips on the floor aren't fun"--bahahahaha! Boys are CRAZY. It's like I always knew it, but never believed it!

Kari Beth said...

So sorry to hear that Grandma isn't doing any better. I'll continue to pray for her, your Papa and the rest of your family! It's so hard to see someone you love & are so close to suffering!

Hilarious story from the nursing home! Seriously read it out loud to Aaron. I love old people! When my grandma lived in assisted living I rememeber her telling me one time she had to move lunch tables because the man sitting beside her had too big of feet and they would always touch hers! Hilarious!

Melissa said...

So sorry to hear about your grandmother! Both of my grandparents have serious health issues right now as well and I know how hard it is to watch them suffer and their health decline. Praying for peace and comfort for them!

The Morrows said...

Sweet pics of your little boy....that is a great picture of what most of my days look like. Toddlers bouncing off the chairs...haha!
I just found your blog. Read down a few posts. Hope your grandmother is doing better. I am so close to my grandmother so I can relate to your feelings when she is down!

Diane said...

Westin is turning into such a little boy! So hard to believe!

And, you are correct - nothing prepares you for moments such as these. I love Nan to pieces, and Chris and I are continually praying for her. (By the way, the other day when I told Dillon she was in the hospital, he said, "Well that means she has lots of doctors. And they'll make her better.")

Alex and Jill said...

I just love that sweet Westin! And what a sweet idea to take the kiddos to a local nursing home. Our church has been discussing doing this...I know it made those residents day to see y'all!

Hope y'all had a great Valentine's Day!

Busana Muslim said...

I love this post because it is very very interesting.Thanks you very much for shearing this article