Monday, February 6, 2012

February Goodies

Last week Westin and I went to Adeline's house to work on some Valentine's we will be taking to a local nursing home next week. 


What a difference a year makes!



Westin made these hand print hearts (found on pinterest, of course) for his grandparents and great grandparents.  He also made one for me.  :)

Isn't this picture holder cute?  My mom got it for me for Christmas.  It says, "They are only little for a season."  I keep his latest MDO art on it.  I stamped the "Be mine" with some little stamps I already had. 


These are the Valentine's we made for the nursing home.  I let him paint with pink and red paint on some cardstock.  Side note - can I just ask, why when he is not painting, that is all he wants to do.  But when I gave him a paint brush and paper he was "all done" in about 5 minutes?  We had to make 17 cards and I barely got 17 with these.  Haha!

He painted on five pieces of cardstock and then I traced hearts on them to cut out. 


Some are kinda bare.  :)  Like, I said I barely squeezed out seventeen. Ha!


Then I wrote some Valentine messages on them with a permanent marker.  These were simple but fun to make.  I hope they like them!  :)

9 comments:

The Buchanan Family said...

so sweet-I'm sure they will love them!

Kimberley said...

what a lovely gesture. so sweet of you and westin!

Happiness Is... said...

Those are so cute - love the thought behind it, too! Also -- just a thought -- maybe have projects ready for when the mood does strike? Like maybe have some St. Patrick's or Easter stuff lined up now...just in case? Probably not realistic but thought I'd throw it out there!

Susie from Bienvenue said...

I love that idea and I'm sure y'all will bless many. I think you should take their pictures every year just like this. Ya just never know ;) ....They could grow up to be sweethearts and would'nt this be so cute at their wedding..hehe

Mallorie said...

Aw those are so sweet! :-) And I cannot believe how much they have both grown in just a year!!!! Emma Claire is 100 days old today and I just can't believe how fast time has gone already!!! Does your pregnancy seem to be going slower or faster this time around?!

Suzy said...

I love your idea of sharing the valentines. I think they look perfect.:) Sweet memories.:)

Sara said...

Very cute craft ideas!

Mara said...

What a cute litte man he is becoming. Your craft ideas are perfect! The nursing home will love them. I need that art holder. What an awesome gift!!! I have just been putting all the artwork on the top of the fridge. I didn't know those holders existed. Thanks for sharing.

Busana Muslim said...

Very good article. Congratulations.