Monday, January 23, 2012

Valentine Decorations

I had fun decorating for Valentine's Day this year because I don't think I have decorated the past couple of years.  Even though Westin probably doesn't notice yet, I still decorated for him. :)  The only new things I used were the two printables I showed you in a previous post. 

On the living room shelf there is a Valentine print and Westin's V-day card from last year. 


In the kitchen I hung the Be Mine hanger over the laundry room and framed another print from pinterest.  The candy jar is filled with my favorite....heart Gobstoppers!



By the sink is a silver tray with a framed quote, bird salt and pepper shakers and a Larkspur Lane figurine.


In the hall bath I stuck two heart picks from Hobby Lobby in the greenery and printed out another printable that I have had downloaded on my computer for several years.  So unfortunately, I do not have the source since that was pre-pinterest days.



I am sad to say that this little guy is sick again.  Although, I guess we have had a good run (minus the stomach bug) since the last time we went to the Dr. was in April.  He has a cold, eye infection and a ruptured ear drum.  I feel terrible about his ear drum because we didn't even know he had an ear infection.  :(  He must have a high pain tolerance because he has not been fussy one bit.  The only reason I took him to the Dr. was because he has had trouble sleeping this weekend because he can't really breathe because of his cold.  I'm so glad I took him!  Poor baby is now on an antibiotic, ear drops and eye drops.  Thankfully he isn't cranky but it is sad to see him moping around and just not feeling good.  I pray that he gets over this quickly and that we are sickness-free around here for a long time. 

There will be another fun giveaway this week too!

11 comments:

Kelly said...

I LOVE what you did with the scrabble tiles :) I am waiting on my printables to arrive in the mail. Had a $20 code for Shutterfly so I printed them out as 8x10 glossies. Looking forward to decorating and you've given me some great ideas :)

Alex and Jill said...

I've been decorating for Valentine's Day too...still have quite a bit to do for Amelia's party though. Love your decor - as always!

Poor Westin! I'll be praying he feels better soon. It's not until Amelia stops sleeping that I know something is wrong...she has a high pain tolerance too. It's hard when they can't tell us exactly what's wrong. :(

Happiness Is... said...

Girl, I do not know how you decorate for every single holiday - wow! I can barely get my act together for Christmas but you have the cutest stuff for every single one. And the matching candy!

Anonymous said...

Love the salt and pepper shakers, can you tell me where you found them?

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Oh, poor little guy! I had a ruptured ear drum as an adult and I bawled like a baby - it was excruciating! I am so impressed at how brave he was!

Your house looks great! I have the gray and pink subway art printed, too. :)

Katie said...

Hilarious picture of W! Hope he feels better soon. ; )t

The Crowder Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about little Westin! I'm praying that he feels better soon. That sure is an adorable picture of him! And as always, your decorations are so cute!

Shannon said...

The salt and pepper shakers are from Cracker Barrell several years ago.

Maria said...

Those scrabble tiles are such a creative touch!
Hope Westin gets better soon. He's one brave and strong little guy :) That picture is adorable and shows his fun and carefree personality.

Merry Mary! said...

Recently found your blog and I am so excited about some of the ideas you've shared! Thank you for sharing :) You have been a great motivator for me to get things done! I am a bird lover too - wondering if you're willing to share where you found the bird plate rack in your bathroom? Thanks again for the great blog! ~Mary (Christian mom of 3 boys! Congrats on your baby girl!)

Samion Eric said...

This blog is truly awesome in all aspects.
Valentine Day