Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pinterest Projects

What did we do before Pinterest?  I guess whatever we did before cell phones.  Ha!  I've printed a few things off lately that I thought I would share with you.

First, I was so happy when I saw that these ABC scripture cards were free!  These are simple Bible verses your toddler can memorize.  I'm so excited to get Westin started on these.  He remembers and repeats every little thing I say so I know he will be able to do these. 

It suggests you laminate them but I don't have a laminating machine.  I just printed them off at home but if you want to save your color ink, put the files on a jump drive and take it to Office Depot and they can print it on card stock in color for less than .70 cents a page.  There are four verses per page so it will be less than $5 to print them all.  I print stuff at Office Depot all the time!  You can find these ABC cards HERE.


I also printed out this calendar of prayers you can pray for your children.  I have it on our fridge so I see it several times a day.  You can find it HERE.  I printed this at Sam's Club because I wanted it to be 8x10 and in a durable photo finish.

***It looks like the link to the calendar is not working now.  However, someone posted a link to a similar calendar in the comments.  Sorry about that!


I got a jump start on my Valentine's decor (I'll post pics soon) and printed off two prints at Sam's Club.  To print at Sam's or Walgreens (or wherever you print pics) then just save the image to your computer and go to Sam's website and follow the directions under the photo tab to send it to them online.  Once you do it once, it is very easy. 

HERE is the link for the one below.  I printed it in an 8x10. 


The one below is 16x20 and HERE is the link.

I was looking for a print to put in this frame for Reagan's nursery and found THIS one.  It was already the perfect colors so I just printed it on card stock at home.


I stapled a piece of twine on the back and clipped the print up with a tiny clothes pin (I bought a whole bag of them in the scrapbook section at Hob Lob.)  The frame was an old gold one my mom had and we painted it white and took out the glass and picture.

In non-pinterest news, Westin got his first stomach bug yesterday.  :( Thankfully it lasted less than 12 hours.  He did throw up seven times though, and that is the most pitiful thing ever to watch.  I basically watched him like a hawk all day so I knew when he was about to throw up.  We had very little mess because I was able to catch everything with a beach towel.  Haha!  By the end of the day he knew to throw up in the beach towel.  He got sick for the last time at 9:45 last night so thankfully he slept good the rest of the night. He was a good sport about it though, after every time he was sick he would say, "it's oh-tay." :)


He woke up at 6am saying, "eat eat eat".  I took that as a good sign and he has been fine today.  Thank you Lord!  It is so sad to watch your baby when they are sick.

17 comments:

Alex and Jill said...

I just ordered that second Valentine print - printed at Sam's! :)

We love our scripture verse cards. We're on our 3rd verse now. Westin will love them!

And bless his heart - there is something going around, I tell ya. Alex had a bug like that and I just prayed Amelia wouldn't get it. How precious that he said he was okay every time!! Love him.

Anonymous said...

I had trouble linking to a printable version of your prayer calendar. I did find this http://www.inspiredtoaction.com/wp-content/uploads/kat/I2A_Prayer_Calendar.pdf which looks similar.

erica said...

Thanks for sharing these ideas. I will be printing the ABC book and scriptures for sure! Love your blog, thanks for the inspiration. :)

julie & joe said...

So sorry about the stomach bug! It is miserable when they are so little. I always wrapped Aaron in a towel when he was little, too. Now he gets a towel every time he feels sick.

Kimberley said...

those are great prints! so sorry westin was sick. watching your child throw up is heart breaking! so glad he's better!

Karen said...

So sorry for Westin ~ yes, it's awful to watch them so sick and helpless. My go to "bucket" is a small trash can that I line with a kitchen trash bag. Since it's deep the kids almost never miss, and it's much easier for clean up. Also, I keep gallon size ziplocs in the car ~ because you just never know. Thanks for all the links :)

Laura said...

That little tummy bug is relentless. I think everyone I know has had it. Glad he is feeling better. Cute Pinterest finds.

Happiness Is... said...

I can't get to the calendar :(

And poor, poor Westin (and you) - hope he's on the mend soon!

Kristen said...

I cannot stay away from Pinterest! There are SO many fabulous ideas and projects!

Poor Westin. Glad he is feeling better!

Kari Beth said...

Loving all the funstuff you've done and I HATE to hear about Westin! Sp glad he's better & I hope you don't get it!

Sara said...

Thanks for all the cute ideas! Poor Westin!! Those tummy bugs are no fun at all and I hate seeing little ones sick and feeling helpless as a Mom:( I hope it stays away from you and Cody!

The last time Bryce had one they gave us Zofran to give him and it seemed to help.

Savannah said...

Thanks for sharing these ideas! I'm printing both Valentine's printables now. Have a wonderful weekend!

Susie from Bienvenue said...

Awww Bless his heart. I'm praying for you now so you won't catch it. Take care

Olga said...

Thanks for the Valentine's Day printables. Oh no! Sorry to hear Westin was sick but, glad to hear he bounced back quickly :) I hope you are doing well.

JENN KINNEY PHOTOGRAPHY said...

thank you for the link to the alphabet scripture cards!

Caroline @ Southern Mom Says said...

What cute ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Busana Muslim said...

Thanks lot for this useful article, nice post