Monday, January 2, 2012

Nursery Progress

Happy New Year!!  I actually didn't even know it was New Year's Eve on Saturday until Cody said something about it that night.  Haha!  I was thinking NYE was on Sunday for some reason.  I did make it until 10pm though!  :) 
I've been tinkering in the nursery and trying to cross some things off the endless list.  I saw these mobiles on etsy so I bought the kit from THIS site and made one.  This was definitely not the most fun thing to make but it was exactly the look I was wanting.  The jury is still out on if it is too long.  Cody likes it like it is but I'm still thinking..... 


Across from the crib is the antique chest of drawers we found at a flea market in Searcy.  I'm not sure if the lamp is staying.  I covered a "R" in pink yarn and put fabric in a couple of embroidery hoops.  I glued the buttons on and stitched stems to reassemble flowers.  I had both of the fabrics and buttons on hand so these three pieces were well under $10.00.  That is my kind of project.  :)  If the lamp goes, then they will be getting a new arrangement.

My sister-in-law, Shara, picked up the cute toy box for me and I painted it a light pink last night.  I also found a small table at a flea market today to go by the glider (which we do not have yet.)  I need to paint the table too but I'm not sure if I want it white or pink. 

I'm most excited about the double stroller we got this past weekend!  It was a floor clearance and came with a free infant carrier and car base.  It is the Britax B-Ready double stroller.  I like how Westin will sit up high and how the baby will face me.  Westin could also face me if I wanted him to.  If you have this stroller, what are your thoughts?  But only good thoughts since it was floor clearance and not returnable!  Haha!  We took Westin to the neighborhood park in it and it was really easy for me to get it in and out of the car which was good.

I still haven't forgotten about posting pics of the new guest room and Westin's new room.  Every time I think about taking pictures he is napping.  :)  I will do that this week.

18 comments:

Karen At Home said...

It looks so awesome Shannon, I personally love the lamp, Jillian has one just like it in her room. We have barely cleaned out our baby's room yet, I feel so behind!!! Hope you had a Happy New Year!!!

Christy said...

Looks beautiful! You must be so excited :)

julie & joe said...

I love the mobile just the way it is. Very cute!!!

ChelseaSalomone said...

Her room is really coming together. I like the mobile as is and also the look of the lamp.

Christi said...

Looks great. If the lamp isn't exactly what you want, use your awesome talents and turn it into what you want. I've seen an adorable lamp shade with rosettes on it (as an example).
I always love to see how the amazing work that you do. I am so excited about your little girl's arrival.

Christi

Haley said...

I have the Britax B-Ready and I absolutely love it! I ordered it after doing lots of research and dragging both my kids (3 and 18 months) back and forth to BuyBuy Baby a hundred times to 'test drive' the others.
I LOVE that it feels like you are only pushing one stroller even though you are pushing 2 kiddos. I wish it wasnt quite as heavy but I can't complain since it gets my kids where I need to go. We have the extra toddler seat (never used it with my infant carrier) and I love that you can put the extra toddler seat on the back and still fold it with both seats on the stroller; with a lot of the modern double strollers you have to take one of the seats off to get it to fold.
You will love it! Congrats on baby girl.

Haley said...

The nursery looks great too, by the way.

Alex and Jill said...

I really like the mobile! We're starting on Sydney's room this month...so much to do. :) Girl, we don't have much time before these babies are here!! So exciting!

Sarah Robbins said...

I debated and debated, and the Britax B-Ready was one of my top two, along with the City Select. I liked how both had so many different seating options. I ended up with a Phil and Ted's, which was my 3rd choice- but it was only $50 so I figured I could see how I like that style before springing for a B-Ready or a City Select. I'd have totally snapped up the deal you got, though, if I'd seen one like it!

Erica said...

I love your baby girl's nursery! I was wondering if I was jumping the gun on starting our baby's nursery, but when I saw this today I felt better! I wish I had half of your creativity...it would make decorating much easier.:) I love the mobile just like it is!

Paula said...

I just love how everything is coming together. It is so soft and petite looking, just the opposite of Westin.
Oh to have a girl, they are just as precious as boys!
I love your mobile and the length of it. Just perfect!
Happy New Year!
paulaschaffin@gmail.com

Catie said...

Love the mobile! Everything looks so pretty :)

Megan said...

I don't think the mobile is too long, it is just perfect! Everything looks great!

Linda said...

Precious! I have always loved to check in on your blog to see all the fun things you create and decorate.
Blessings

Happiness Is... said...

It's gorgeous! I like the lamp and the length of the mobile is perfect, in my opinion!

Laura Burciaga said...

love her nursery! so soft and feminine! I'm expecting and want to get that stroller! I hope it ends up being a great one!

Alison Mayes said...

Very cute nursery! I'm sure she will love it!

Jenny Rose said...

Love, love, love the nursery! Where did you find her crib- I love it and it's exactly what I have been searching for!
rose(dot)jennylee(at)yahoo(dot)com