Friday, January 6, 2012

New Guest Room

This room was what I called our "small guestroom."  It had a double bed and a huge antique green cabinet in it.  We moved the green cabinet to Jason and Katie's house and moved the queen sized guest bed in here.  This room is so small that it is pretty much all bed now. 


Even though it is small and the bed takes up the whole room, I like being in here.  It is light, bright and clutter free.  Right now it is the one room in our house that doesn't need cleaning out.  :)


The bedside table on the right is Cody's grandmother's old sewing table.  I'm storing some of my sewing notions in it in hopes that I start sewing more.  :)

Now that we have all our rooms moved, I can focus on cleaning out closets, drawers, cabinets and everything else.  My "before baby comes to-do list" is a mile long.  Three more months!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it.I love your style.You seem to have an ability to make your home quite adorable.I'm trying not to covet...big smile. I do really love the room.

Everyone will ask I'm sure...where did you find that adorable pillow?

Where did you score the linens??

Amber

Twice as Nice said...

Darling! You really made the most of this room. Very inviting. Westin's room turned out great too. Great idea to put things the same so he was not confused. Where did you get the little pillow in this room? Too cute!

Carrie said...

I just love your style!!! Both rooms look so cute! I can't wait to see how baby Reagan's nursery turns out! BTW...I too would like to know where you got that cute pillow.

The Dorr Stop said...

I recently found your blog and I love your style! I also love the name Reagan (that is the name that I will name a little girl if I ever have one)! I also want to know where you got that adorable pillow on the guest bed? It's so stinkin cute!! Happy Friday! :)

Alex and Jill said...

I would love to stay in that room. Might be small but it's lovely!

Happiness Is... said...

That bed looks divine! I want to sleep there!

Shannon said...

This pillow is from a local craft fair but they do have a facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/FIGGY-PUDDING/158875293030

It never hurts to ask!

Amanda McD said...

Great guest room! Very clean and inviting. I love your style!

Maryellen said...

Shannon
I really like your decorating style. It is warm and simple. So very pretty.

Laura said...

I love the combinations of colors and the simplicity of it.

Jessica said...

Very nice! Your guest room looks so cozy and comfortable. I love the bed!

Karen At Home said...

It looks great Shannon!!! It looks VERY warm and cozy! My "before baby to-do" list is out of control too, I have so many projects going on, it's nuts! Hope you are feeling well.

Steph @ Nap Time Notes said...

Just clicked over from the post about painting the headboard...It looks like the bed has held up great! :)

Laurie said...

This looks great! I LOVE your style!

Louie Cunningham said...

Mm, it looks good. The space is small, as you said, but that doesn't matter. In fact, it makes the big bed more noticeable and more alluring. It makes the place look extra comfy and cute.