Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011

This post is pretty much for memories sake.  There are about a million pictures of Westin with toys.  :)  Fair warning. It is kind of hard to take a lot of pictures while a wild toddler is opening presents!  So these are all pretty much of Westin.  I don't think we even got one family picture. :(

On Friday we had a little family Christmas before we headed out of town.  Cody distracted Westin while I put his presents out. 


He was so funny to watch and acted like each present was the BEST thing he had ever seen.  He would yell, "All right!!" after each one.  Haha!  Turns out his favorite was a dollar store helicopter and his new sippy cup.  Isn't that how it always is?





On Christmas Eve we celebrated with my Mom's side of the family.  Westin quickly discovered the piano at Gigi and Papa's house. 

Christmas morning was spent with Cody's family.  Westin cannot get enough of his cousin Peyton (the older one) and just follows him around everywhere.  I was laughing because he did not want to share his toys with anyone but he would just willingly hand them over to Peyton.  I also want to remember that he pronounces Peyton as "Pee-tawn."  :)

He loved his Little People Barn!


Christmas afternoon was spent back over at Gigi and Papa's house where he got this "motorcycle".  At least that is what he calls it!  When he walked in the house and saw it, he started yelling, "motorcycle!" and jumped right on it. It is battery powered and he has been riding it around the whole house today. 



Christmas evening was spent with my parents.  Westin got a Cozy Coupe and loves it!  He rotates between driving that and his motorcycle all day.

Jason and Katie got him a tool box and this drill is his favorite.  He calls it his "loud tool" and wants to sleep with it.  He thinks he is big stuff because it is just like Poppie's and G-Daddy's.  He knows they use loud tools while they are working.


And his vacuum!  He is one happy boy and loves all his toys!  He is one blessed little guy to have so much loving family.  We are too! 


One more funny thing I want to remember...He was a little confused this year on who baby Jesus is.  His friend Asa's dad's name is Joseph so when he names Mary and Joseph, it is about fifty fifty if he says baby Jesus or Asa when pointing to the baby.  :)  He ran up to a big nativity set and pointed to the baby and yelled, "Asa!"  Haha!  It was kind of funny and kind of embarrassing.  :) 

He also thinks any man with a white beard is Santa.  He has pointed to several men in stores and restaurants and said, "Santa!  Ho ho ho!"  This has also been kind of funny and also kind of embarrassing.  Some of the men thought it was funny and played along but some did not.  :)

17 comments:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

His eyelashes are seriously unreal! And I don't think I have ever seen a kid who smiles more than he does. :)

Kristen said...

I LOVE the Santa confusion! I think it is absolutely precious that he associates the white beard with Santa! I bet more often than not the men like it, too!

Michelle said...

I was laughing out loud at Baby Asa and Santa. That is so funny and cute. You'll be glad you have this written down someday. I wish I'd had my blog back when my teenager was little. Alas, no internet yet. :( Super cute post.

Katie said...

I'm so glad he likes his drill!

Diane said...

It was great seeing y'all on Christmas Eve! Westin was a DOLL. :-)

Alex and Jill said...

He is so cute! I love hearing all of the things he's saying.

Amelia received a Cozy Coupe too and LOVES it.

Laura Burciaga said...

Looks like Westin had a great Christmas! He is adorable (& funny!)

Happiness Is... said...

He is so cute! And definitely blessed (as was our little one this year - too many toys really!)

Katie said...

I just stopped by your blog and was reading back a few posts..congrast on finding out it's a girl. SO much fun to buy for!! :) I had to tell you that I have the same nursery bedding in my little girl's room! Love it :)

Hong Kong property said...

this is such a nice post:)

Amber said...

I am glad your family had a merry Christmas! Weston is so cute! He must keep you all laughing. I noticed that both you and another Arkansas blogger call grandparents Gigi & Papa. I haven't heard that before. Is that a common southern or Arkansas term?

Amber said...

Argh, I know it is Westin with an I. Autocorrect thought it should be an O in my comment. Sorry!

Kimberley said...

he is such a cute little fella! that last picture made me smile! he looks like a man on a mission! :)

Fabiola said...

Shannon, Westin is getting cuter byt the day!! His picture at the piano is priceless. Maybe piano lessons are in his near future ; )

Happy 2012!! It will be such a especial year with Reagan's arrival.

Jules said...

I didn't think it was possible, but Westin keeps getting cuter and cuter:) That profile pic of him playing with his farm is so precious!!
I'm glad y'all had a great Christmas!!

Mara said...

He will LOVE that vacuum!!! My son gets his out all the time.

Southern Fried Gal said...

So funny. When my boy was that age we had friends that came over over once a week for dinner. He called them Mamy and Jesus. Their names were Amy and Casey. Casey had a big head for a while. Haha.