Thursday, December 8, 2011

Appliqued Shirts

First of all, thank y'all so much for all the sweet comments on her name.  Of course we love it but it's always nice to hear kind comments from others who say they like it too.  :)  She is one active little baby and it makes me a little nervous for when she gets here.  Haha  I guess she will have to be to keep up with her brother.  We are having a "work day" this Saturday and getting all the rooms switched over.  My parents and Cody's parents are coming so hopefully we can knock it all out!  I'm excited but totally exhausted thinking about it.  (And maybe a little sad that Westin won't be in "his" room anymore.)   
Anyways, have I mentioned how much I love pinterest?  Maybe a time or two.  :)  The other day I searched "applique patterns" and I found so much cute stuff!  I decided it was time to make Reagan a shirt since I hadn't made her anything.  I thought the bunny was cute because she will be born a few days before Easter, Lord willing.  You can find the pattern HERE.


I feel like she is going to be a big baby for some reason so hopefully it will fit her!  :) 

I made this Christmas shirt for Westin using THIS pattern.  This was actually a "round 2" because the first Christmas shirt that I made him was deemed "too girly" from Cody.  See below.

I will admit that after I put it on him it did seem a tad girly.  I didn't stitch it because I figured he wouldn't be wearing it anyway.  Maybe I can peel it off and make something else.  I didn't find a pattern for this one so I just free handed it.  I saw a similar shirt at a craft fair and thought it was cute.  They used real ribbon for the scarf though which would be really cute for a girl.  :)

I printed out some more patterns so hopefully I can get to those soon!  Have a good rest of the week and weekend.  Wish us luck!  :)

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I love the bunny rabbit shirt! I don't think it's more fun to dress little girls, but I do think it's a different kind of fun. I almost feel guilty having a boy AND a girl. =) Yea for precious little blessings--that eventually get big, lol!

Twice as Nice said...

Hi Shannon, I just had a question about how to pronounce Reagan. I googled it and it seems different people pronounce it differently. Will it be with the long e sound or long a like the former president? Just curious. Thanks

thesloothaaks said...

Hi Shannon....maybe this is silly, but I would love to know how you do your applique tees. Do you use a sewing machine or are they no-sew? I'd love to make a cute shirt for my little girl for Christmas. Thank you!!!

Andrea Worley said...

I really love applique shirts too! I've been making them like crazy for my daugther and neices and nephew! they are so fun & easy.