Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Decorations

We always put up our Christmas decorations the weekend before Thanksgiving.  We are gone the whole weekend of Thanksgiving so it is nice to come back to an already decorated home.  To me, that is stress-free! 

This post contains a lot of pictures!  :)  Here is our Christmas tree.  I think I said last year how much I loved having the tree in our dining room.  It is open to the living room and kitchen so we can see it all day but it doesn't crowd the mantel and the best part is we don't have to re-arrange any furniture. 


I didn't really have anything for my dining room table so I used a platter I already had and added some left over ornaments.

This is the sofa table.  That red candle holder has already gone missing.  I'm pretty sure I know who the curious hands belong to but what I can't figure out is where he hid it.  I have searched for two days looking for it!  The only conclusion I have is that he threw it away and I never saw it in the trash.  He loves "helping" by throwing trash away.  This morning I found his milk cup in the trash can. 



The mantel is always one of my favorites because you see it right when you walk in the front door and I love the nativity.  I got it several years ago on clearance at Hobby Lobby.  Seven years later, I still love our stockings too.  They are from Ballard Designs.  I'm looking forward to adding another one up there next year!  Hers is the opposite of Westin's-green stripes with red polka dots.

Dining room.

I printed THIS Christmas printable yesterday and it is in the large black frame now.
Westin loves looking at this picture of him and Santa from last year.  I'm so curious to see how he reacts to Santa this year.  I think we are going to take him tomorrow night.
This is my favorite spot in our kitchen right now.  I love this printable from Jones Design Company.  You can find it HERE.  I usually hang those ornaments from our kitchen chandelier but wanted to change it up a bit this year so I just put them in some small silver dishes.  I love looking for silver pieces at antique stores.  You can usually find them for a couple of dollars and they look great with candles in them too. 

I got that Santa mug this year at a flea market for $2.00.  My goal is to put some peppermint sticks in it.  We will see if that gets accomplished.  ;)


The Lori C. Mitchell elves found a place on a silver tray by the sink. 

I'll be the first to admit that I think this little vignette looks a little "off" but the Santa looked a little lonely by himself so I added the ornaments on the candlesticks.  It will do for now.  Haha
Our little countdown man.
The guest bath got a Christmas sign and wreath on one wall and some Santa candlesticks on the counter.

There will be a GREAT giveaway on Friday!  One of my favorite etsy sites will be giving away a burlap runner like the one on my dining room table.  So be sure to stop back by on Friday! 

17 comments:

marie said...

pretty decorations!! my favorite is your santa mug. i have a little collection of them...they even sell them at pottery barn this year! i bought one, but i prefer my old, thrift store finds to the new pb mug.

Mary Madeline said...

So beautiful and very inspiring!!! Love all your decorations!!

Kristen and Andy said...

Love all the decorations - everything looks great! Had to laugh about your little helper and throwing things away - Cannon does the same thing - drives me nuts! We were at a friends party about a month ago, and he swiped every single person's drink and threw them away...such a great helper - ha!

I am dreading to see how much Cannon will get into our Christmas decorations this year - I can only imagine...guess we will find out this weekend when we put everything up - ha!!!

Lauren said...

Cute! I love having our tree in the dining room too. It works out well on so many levels. And be careful, I'm pretty sure Spencer's one and a half year old love of throwing things in the trash can was what became of my keys. Yep, lost them one day and they never turned up again. Keep those and your phone in a HIGH safe place. =)

Paula said...

Beautiful! We will finish ours this weekend. I can't wait to see a new stocking on your mantel next!
Merry Christmas!!

Jetaime said...

Wonderfully done!

Trish @ Uncommon said...

Shannon, your house is just breathtaking! I really love all of the Christ centered touches that you have used!

We are having a Home for the Holidays party and I know our readers would love for you to share your house tour!

http://www.uncommondesignsonline.com/2011/11/home-for-holidays-link-party-4.html

The Photo Goo said...

Everything looks SO great! Totally jealous :) I noticed BD doesn't have the white stocking with red dots anymore :(

Abby said...

Your house look gorgeous!! Great ideas. Want to come mix things up at my house? (I always put the same things in the same spots and then I get tired of them but can't come up with anything better...) You have such a great eye for decorating!

Mrs. F said...

Ahh!!! so many things I want to coment on!!!!

Your tree is SO pretty, but I just LOVE the nativity on the mantle (my fave!) The candle stick santa in the bathroom is ADORABLE and I LOVE the scripture plate :)

Also, My mom has that santa mug too :D

Brooke said...

So pretty!! Everything's so cozy and warm! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. But i had to laugh as that mug you got for 2$ i used to drink out of one just like it when i was a little girl, and i still have it, though more for decoration. It is the cutest thing, and always brings back great memories......enjoy!!!

Carey from Alberta Canada

Brittany said...

Everything looks gorgeous, as always! Wondering what name will be on that stocking ;)

Trish @ Uncommon said...

Your home and decorations are so beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us on our Home for the Holidays party! It was a pleasure to have you!

The Smith Family said...

Ok i need a tutorial on tree decorating...i love yours! Everything looks so cute!
Seriously though any pointers??

Rebekah said...

I love all your decorations! Your tree is perfection! I am having a hard time getting it all out this year.

Nancy said...

Your home is so pretty! Arkansas has some of the best bloggers!