Thursday, September 29, 2011

Westin Lately and Some Blog-Keeping

I feel like I have so many thoughts running through my head.  So this post will be totally random with very random pictures of Westin lately. 

So according to the comments on my Mother's Day Out post, MDO is definitely a Southern thing.  I'm not sure why!  It is a great ministry that most churches offer down here.  Usually you can send your child one to three days a week for 4 or 5 hours for a small fee.  It is much cheaper than getting a babysitter.  Westin's school averages out to a little over $4 an hour since he goes one day.  It would actually be cheaper if he went two days.  So this is the perfect time to grocery shop or run those little errands that are not fun with a baby.  You Northern girls should look into bringing this to your church.  :)

Westin walking around in his sleep sack.

Apparently in my Details post, I left out an important detail.  My due date!  Haha!  I am due April 11th.  However, since it will be a c-section (since Westin was) it will be at least a week earlier than my due date.  Since I only made it to 37 weeks with Westin I am so curious how this pregnancy will go.  Obviously I am definitely praying that I do not develop pre-eclampsia again.  Oh, that was not fun.


He doesn't look very guilty to me.

I have a confession....my inbox is overwhelming me.  I had to delete everything (500+ emails) and start over.  So if you have emailed me a question in the last couple of months, please email them again and I promise I will answer them.  And hopefully in a more timely manner.  I never want to ignore you so please know I try so hard to stay on top of things.


It seems like someone asked me where I got my dining room drapes.  I got the yellow and cream silk fabric at Hobby Lobby and made them myself.  It has been about 6 years since I made them and I haven't seen that fabric there in awhile but there is one very similar.  Mine is more of a horizontal stripe fabric and the one at Hobby Lobby is sort of a checked fabric.

Westin loves to wear this yellow headband. 


This is such a "cheeeeese" face but I think it is hilarious.

He had his first popsicle the other day.  He was tired of it about half way through.

My parents have had Westin since Sunday.  I am majorly missing him but have enjoyed my break.  I have felt pretty sick all week so it has been nice to throw up in peace.  Ha!  For some reason Westin likes to be held or running through my legs when I'm sick.  Haha!  I know y'all were dying to know that.  ;)

Anyways, I get to see him tonight and I cannot wait!!  Have a great weekend!

19 comments:

Kim said...

Such a cutie! Hope you start feeling better ASAP!

Dana said...

Awe so sorry you aren't feeling well! I had a little big of nausea the other day and it was TOUGH!! Especially with a little one running around wanting to play!! And can you please share some of your craftiness with me :)))

Oh and I am glad to know I am not the only one that puts headbands on Noah for fun!! Too cute that Westin will keep it on!!

Linds said...

oh man, being sick with baby #2 is worse than with baby #1 just because of what you said-- there's a little one who wants to be in the middle of it. I remember being sick with Connor very early on and Brayden was crying, clinging to my back as I hugged the toilet. Such wonderful memories :) haha!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon! Does Zofran help at all?

Cari

Miss E said...

feel better

nicole said...

It does stink to be sick with another one running around. SO happy for you. I have been reading your blog for awhile,but am so bad at commenting. I promised myself to do it more. It has beeen great to follow our journey. cannot wait to read more.

Kim said...

We don't have MDO here in Oregon either. I'm always so jealous of you girls who have it! And congratulation on baby #2, that's so exciting!

Emily said...

He is just so adorable! :) And congratulations to your sweet family on your little bundle! What a blessing!

jenn said...

Love the picture of westin and the wipes

Natalie said...

Congrats on your second miracle!! How precious and wonderful. Westin is absolutely adorable...reminds me of my Lincoln...a little michevious? ;) Hope you enjoyed your break. I agree that us northern girls (Indiana) need MDO! What a blessing!

Pam L. said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Your story reminds me of when I was expecting my 2nd baby, my oldest was was 2 1/2 yrs. old - I had terrible morning/noon/night sickness - I remember one incident when I was sick, I had left the bathroom door open and my toddler said to me, "Why is your head in the toilet?" I had to laugh at that despite feeling awful! I so know what you mean/feel about getting sick in peace without a little one looking on! Yeah for grandparents helping! Oh, and my girls are now 15 & 12 yrs. old - as the saying goes, time flies! Enjoy your babies, even every icky stage!

Paige said...

Hope you get to feeling better very soon! It is such a struggle in the beginning! Congratulations on your pregnancy =)

Kristen and Andy said...

Love the pic of Westin with all the wipes! Cannon does that to me all the time although the other day he ended up shoving them all back into the wipe warmer - definitely made diaper changes tricky!

Sorry that you are feeling so sick - its definitely harder being pregnant with a little one at home - been there and done that! Probably why I am no where near ready to try it again lol! Hope it passes quickly for you and you start to feel better :)

Kati @ "along for the ryde..." said...

Just wanted to stop in & say that I was the crazy one that stopped you at Chick-Fil-A to say hello! =) LOVE reading about lil Westin & all your fun & creative crafts & look forward to following you pregnancy & as the new bundle of joy arrives!

Jenna said...

The picture of Westin and the wipes cracks me up! He looks pretty proud of himself!

Kristy Goldman said...

I'm a little late on the congrats, but I finally figured out what was wrong with my commenting function and am so happy for you! Congrats on baby #2!!

Nicole said...

Oh my heavens, he is so adorable. I love his big blue eyes. Congrats on #2. Being sick and trying to keep up with a toddler, is tough, hope everything is going good!

Live*Laugh*Love said...

Hey I am a new follower would you be so kind & follow me back, thanks :)

Tara

Mandi @ Finding Home said...

Congrats on baby #2!!! That's soooo exciting! I can't wait to see what you do for the nursery. You always have the best decorating ideas. Hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!