Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Quick Fun Project

We've been so busy lately I've missed doing little creative projects.  On Saturday, our laundry was overflowing and there was a pile of dishes in the sink but I started a creative project instead.  :)  Cody walked by and jokingly said, "You always find something to do that doesn't need to be done."  haha  So true. 

Awhile ago I saw THIS project on pinterest and wanted to re-create it.  I didn't reference it before I bought the supplies so I had forgotten that hers was three tiered.  I like hers better but still had fun making mine. 



I bought the burner covers on clearance at Old Time Pottery in Florida but got the wooden pieces and spray paint at Hobby Lobby.  I painted the wooden pieces white and gave the burner covers several coats of the avocado spray paint. 

I glued everything together with E-6000 glue.  It has held up really well.  I can't wait until I have an excuse to use it.  This was such a fun little project.  The longest part was the drying time in between spray painting coats but I still finished everything within a couple hours of starting. 

You can find me on pinterest HERE.   I hope everyone had a fun holiday weekend!

8 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm following you! :) Love your style and sweet attitude!!!

Emery Wilkerson said...

I just added you on Pinterest! Super excited to see what all goodies you have pinned! Love your craftiness! :-)

Alex and Jill said...

Some of these would be great at Amelia's birthday party!

Olga said...

Very nice! I like the avocado green color. I've had all the supplies to make one sitting around. Don't you love Pinterest?!

Sarah said...

oh how cute, shannon! i wonder how i could make this "food safe"...like a special coating or something? Following your boards and I think we have similar tastes! Also, our little people are just a few weeks apart in age. I can totally empathize with your lack of posting, never a dull minute! Ha!

Kari Beth said...

i LOVE this!

destiny said...

great project!! I'm the same way...the laundry and dishes will be there when you are done!! :) I love pintrest! I'll look for you now...

Angie said...

I will definitely be doing this soon! Yours looks great!