A couple of weeks ago I made another pinterest project. I first saw these HERE and knew I wanted to make one.
This was another easy fast project and only took two days because I let the paint dry overnight. I actually forgot to put this on our door this past Saturday, although I don't think it could have helped our poor Hogs. We still love them though!
These are the steps I followed:
1. Make a pattern out of poster board.
2. Trace around the poster board with chalk onto two layers of burlap.
3. Cut out the burlap and draw your design in chalk.
4. I used regular craft paint to paint on the burlap with a foam brush. Just beware that a lot of fibers from your burlap will come off on your brush but it doesn't hurt the overall look. It also helped to sort of tap the paint brush on the fabric like you would do if you were stenciling.
5. Trace around your designs with puff paint. (I was giggling at myself as I was buying puff paint because it just seemed so 80's. Haha!)
A little tip: You cannot tell in the picture below but the red "Hogs" and the red polka dots dried a different color. The "Hogs" is painted directly on the burlap and the polka dots are painted on white paint. So "Hogs" dried a little darker. If I did it again I would paint the polka dots on the burlap too and then paint white around it.
6. Staple the hanging ribbon to the backside of the front of the football. Staple around the football leaving a small opening and then stuff with tissue paper or old plastic bags and then finish stapling closed.
7. Add as many decorative ribbons as you want.
This was fun to make and hopefully I won't forget to put it out on game days. :) I think it would even be cute for your kid's school too!