Friday, September 16, 2011

Another Fun Pin

We both survived Mother's Day Out!  I got there fifteen minutes early to watch him through the one way window and he was doing so good.  He was running around playing and smiling.  That made me feel so good!  However, all week he has been so clingy.  He wants to be by my side or wants me holding him all day long.  Even when Cody gets home he only wants me, which is so not like him.  So I'm thinking when we get to MDO on Monday it might be a bit more of a struggle.  He will know what is coming.  I think it is going to take a several weeks for him to get used it. 

Also, I don't know if MDO is a Southern thing or not.  I've always heard of it and even went when I was a toddler/preschooler.  So do other areas in the US have MDO?


I love Pinterest!  I have completed three projects this week that I saw on there.  The first one I did was make my own phone cover.  I saw this idea HERE.  I hate spending a lot of money on my phone cover because I get tired of it so quickly.  So I knew this would be a great little project.   


I got some cute scrapbook paper and a clear iPhone cover.  I actually lucked out finding the cover because I was mailing something at UPS and there were some clear covers on the counter.  I'm sure you could find one online and maybe even the phone store or Best Buy. 


I have the older version phone so a regular hole punch was the perfect size for the camera hole.  I also used a template that was in another cover I had bought before. 

I used the template to trace around it on the scrapbook paper and then cut it out.  I used the hole punch for the camera and then put it in the case.  This was one of the easiest projects I have done lately and perfect for me since I can change them out whenever I want.  However, now that I don't have a boring solid color cover, Westin thinks he needs to hold my phone at all times.  He likes the bird!  :)

18 comments:

Kelly said...

This is such an awesome idea! I have a ton of scrapbook paper. Now I just have to hunt down a clear cover!!

Brittany said...

Such a cute idea!

Rebekah said...

Cute idea!!! You are always so creative!

Girl with the Curlz said...

What a cute idea. I love it!! As for MDO. I grew up in Michigan and we didn't have this nor in Illinois. Maybe it is a southern thing. When I was old enough my mom sent me to pre-school a couple days a week but I think I was around 4.

Kimberley said...

LOVE LOVE it!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your IPhone cover. You are so crafty and I especially enjoy your posts on craft projects.

I would definitely call MDO a Southern thing. I live in the Northeast part of the US. Most people put their kids in a preschool around age 3-4 for 2-3 half days/week. Everything (childcare, housing, etc...) is so expensive up here that it would be really hard to have extra childcare if a mom was already a SAHM.
-MLT

Life with my sweeties said...

I love this!! I am on the look out for a clear cover. And I love pinterest too!!

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask your last post what MDO is. I am from AZ, and live in NE... but have never heard of it. Now 3 blogs I read mention it... and they are all southern.... Kelly's Korner (AK) and Baby Bangs (TX) and yours. I think I may need to bring it further north... sounds like a great tradition to me!

Mikie
1000HillsRanch.blogspot.com

Paige said...

Shannon- I am the director of our church's CDO ( children's day out) in midland, tx . They are all over!! And you are right, he might have a harder time Monday which is normal, but stick to your routine, leave quickly and he will get it!!!

Aja said...

I think MDO is definitely a Southern thing. It's definitely here in Central FL- in fact I am the only one of my friends who does not have their 2-yr-old in it! I attended as a little one and my second baby will probably go into it at 2. But he is a social thing and my firstborn is shy so I'm keeping him home with me full-time for at least another year.

Olga said...

I live in Illinois and had never heard of MDO. It sounds like a great idea =) I saw the phone cover idea on Pinterest too. Cute idea! I just haven't had any luck finding a clear cover. I haven't bought a cover for the same reason you say, I know I'll get tierd of it quickly.

Olga said...

OOPS! *tired

Anonymous said...

I live in Maryland, and I have never heard of MDO. A lot of other (Southern) bloggers are talking about it, which made me look it up. Apparently it's available in the Mid-Atlantic area, but it's DEFINITELY not popular like around there.

Julie said...

I live in Houston, Tx and MDO is everywhere!!! You can start your child going at most programs around 2 years old. It ranges anywhere from 1-5 days a week, the most popular being either T/Th or M/W/F. My kids both started on the T/Th program and now my 4 year old is in preK at the same church program and my 3 year old is in preschool 3's - so here it starts as MDO and progresses through preK and almost everyone I know has their child in some type of program. It makes running errands, doctors appointments etc so much easier. Love all your craft ideas!!

Suzy said...

Hi, Shannon!!:) You are so creative! I am totally impressed that you have completed three Pinterest inspired projects. I am totally addicted to Pinterst.:)

I agree that MDO may be a southern thing. Our oldest son attended MDO at our church when we lived in TN. Our two younger children have attended "preschool" in Iowa. Both are so similar and such proof that God loves us moms.:) I am glad Westin is having fun. It will get easier soon to transition. He will look forward to time with his new friends and you will LOVE your time. I live for Mondays and Wednesday and MOPS days too. They help me recharge and appreciate my time with my precious children all that much more. :) Now I need to find a clear iphone cover.:)

Amber said...

What a super cute idea! And how fun that you can easily change them out when you are in the mood for a new pattern.

Kelli @ RTSM said...

This is such a cute idea! I love how easy it is to do and that it is pretty much free to change out the look of your phone whenever you want! Stopping by from momadvice:)

petrol remote control cars said...

It is fun work and easy to do any kids in short time. You are such a genius, just now I finding about cover of iphone and got the idea, you save my money, Can 't wait to make one for my iphone.