Sunday, August 7, 2011

Westin-17 Months

**I unchecked the box to keep me signed in so hopefully that helps with the comment problem!

***Also, last call for the Little House Tees winner to claim your prize!  Click HERE to see if you are the winner.  I will pick a new winner Monday night if I haven't heard from the winner by then.

I haven't done a post in awhile about what Westin is up to these days so I thought it was time.  He turned 17 months last Friday the 5th.  I love this age/stage!  I think I always say that but there is something about watching them learn and figure things out that is just so fun.  Plus, listening to them say new words every day just makes you feel so proud of them. 


He is such a character!  He has the most facial expressions I have ever seen.  He is such a little turkey too!  He knows exactly when he is in trouble and knows exactly how to smile to get out of it.  He is happy 99% of the time and is just such a joy to be around.  He is also so fun to be around.  He loves to smile and wave to everyone he sees and has gotten sooo much better about being dropped off at nursery.  Here are a few other things he is doing these days:

He loves to be outside.  I hear, "outside, outside" all day long.  He wakes up saying it sometimes.


He loves to mimic almost every word we say or anything we do.  I feel like he "talks" so much for a little boy.  He always has something to say.

He loves animals and can do the sound for the elephant, monkey, snake, pig, cow, cat, dog, horse, sheep, owl, and lion.

His favorite toy by far is a ball.


This summer he has learned to love swimming and playing in the sprinkler or water hose.

He has also started to like books.  Yay!

If we are home in the morning he will take a 2 hour nap and a 2 hour afternoon nap.  If we go somewhere in the mornings he will take a longer afternoon nap.  He loves his bed!


He goes to bed around 8:00-8:30 pm and wakes up around 7:00-7:30 am.  He sleeps with his pillow and two lovies.  He also still loves his sleep sack!

He weighs about 21-22 pounds, wears a size 3 diaper and wears 12 month clothing and some 18 month shirts.

His favorite foods are still chicken, fish and pizza.  He also loves some french fries!
He has 9 teeth and got his first molar a couple of weeks ago.

He has also started to love his milk and ask for it.  He drinks about 2 or 3 sippy cups a day.  He still drinks mostly water though and doesn't care for any kinds of juice.

He loves to dance and jump.  He also LOVES stairs and if he sees any he just goes up and down them over and over and over and over

He loves to snap his fingers.

Forget walking, all he does is run!  Even if it is just from the living room to the kitchen.  He runs everywhere!


He won't watch any cartoons but still loves his Baby Einstein and Praise Baby DVD's. 

One of my favorite things he does is run up to me and pull me to wherever he needs me.  It is usually to get a ball that is stuck under the table or to get his milk out of the fridge.  I love that he knows I can do whatever he needs me to do and that he is trying to communicate with me.

I know I'm probably leaving out sooo much because he does something new every single day.  I love watching him explore and learn!  I am so blessed to be his Mama and love him so much!

15 comments:

Twice as Nice said...

He is such a doll and it has been so much fun watching him grow up. He needs to slow down! I think he has a smile on it face 99.999999% of the time. What a blessing.

Hillary said...

Awww ... He's at such a fun age right now! I'm so glad that you were blessed with such a sweet (and cute!) little guy!

xoxox

Cari said...

He is such a cutie! I agree that this age is lots of fun. Happy 17 months, Westin!! Hope you guys are staying cool in all these crazy heat.

Rebekah said...

Shannon, he gets cuter every month.

Kimberley said...

he is just precious!!! love those lashes!!!

Connie said...

You are so blessed!!

JuJu and Family said...

Congrats on your blessing. There is no better job or position in the world than being a Mom. Enjoy!

Jennifer said...

He is too cute and I think he and my little one (Easton) are twins! Easton is 17 months too and loves all those same things, especially balls and balloons.

Momofgirls said...

What a bright-eyed, precious boy! He just looks so so happy!

The Crowder Family said...

All of these pictures are too cute, Shannon! I can't believe how much he's growing! He's just precious!

Kristen said...

He is just so precious! I love the picture of him standing in the drawer - exactly what little boys do!

stampedconcrete said...

he's so cute .. i like the pic while taking a bath .. i like his dimples too ..

Matt and Mandy Dickerson said...

You don't know me, but I love your blog. I love all your creative ideas and have gotten inspired by you in many ways. Westin is absolutely precious!

destiny said...

oh, those eyes!! He's such a cutie!! I love the picture of him standing in the drawer...great capture! I'm sure that is a great representation of this age-into everything!

Alex and Jill said...

He makes me smile. :)