Saturday, July 16, 2011

Westin's First Trip to the Library

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!  Y'all are so sweet.  Oh, and my ruffled tank top is from Ann Taylor Loft.  I wish I had bought one in every color.  :)

Last Monday I took Westin to the library for the first time.  (Well, he went when he was about 5-6 months old but he didn't know where he was.) :)  It is has been so hot here that we can't play outside until around 6 or 7 pm so we have been looking for indoor activities or activities with water.  I plan on taking him to toddler time this next week.  This time he just ran around and looked at everything but books. 


He worked a few puzzles.  And by "worked", I mean he threw the pieces down.
He kept running up to this globe yelling, "ba-oon!"  He thought it was a balloon and really wanted it. 
Taking it all in.
I'm pretty sure he thought the computer games were movies without sound. 

This is how I spent most of my time...following him all over the place.



He had a great time and I loved watching him explore and get so excited over everything!  I know he is going to love toddler story time this week.

I mentioned in my last post that I am headed to IKEA on Friday.  Yippee!  Any recommendations on things I should look at or consider buying?  So far on my list is new bedding for our room and possibly the guest room, picture frames, toys, and food storage containers.

15 comments:

Megan said...

Does Westin have a little table and chairs? Ikea has the sweetest sets for so cheap. We bought a set for our 18 month old and she colors there every single day. It is her favorite little spot!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I loved getting to watch him explore the library. The giant chair looks so comfortable.

thesloothaaks said...

The kids cups and bowls from IKEA are our favorite!! They are super cheap and the perfect size -- we use them every day!

julie & joe said...

Looks like fun at the library! Aaron loves the games on the computers but so far hasn't figured out about the head phones (lice...ick!). I'm glad...I need to buy a cheap pair to keep in my purse so I can just trade out.

I have never been to IKEA. I thought about it when I was in St. Louis earlier this week but didn't have a chance to go.

JuJu and Family said...

My kids always love going to the library! Since we homeschool, I go to the online catalog, request what we need for school. Then when we arrive at the library, the books are held to the side for me, I grab those and the kids find books for themselves. I remember back in the day when we have to be SILENT in the library. Those days are gone. :)

Mandy said...

I love IKEA!! One of my favorite places!! :) I love their linen curtains, they are a steal, even for the fabric alone! One little thing though- try to avoid those 15 for $3.99 plastic containers, they don't hold their shape so the lids won't fit after the first wash. Learned that one the hard way! Have fun!! I always spend like $300 there! Good thing it's 2 hrs away! ;)

Brittany said...

He is so cute!

Fabiola said...

He is getting so big and cute. You will have your hands full in no time ; )

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. As for know, I am just praying. I do hope I can share some good news soon.

Texas Preacher Woman said...

One of the most wonderful things you can do for your children is to help them learn to take advantage of the public library! I am proud of you and for you for helping to get Westin started on the adventure of "reading" (and working at puzzles!)

Grins and kudos,
Pamm

Kari Beth said...

I think they have a Toddler Time on Thursday morning. We need to go!

Alex and Jill said...

Sweet boy!! I need to check out our local library/story times...not sure if Amelia would sit through it or not. LOL

Melissa said...

We love the library too! Yours is so nicely decorated and looks like it has a fun area for kids.
Ikea is awesome! You'll have to get the "ziploc" type baggies...they are the cutest! Happy Shopping!

safety eye wash station said...

Looks like fun at the library. Aaron like the games on the computers but so far hasn't figured out about the head phones.

Promosyon said...

That kid enjoying each moment, Your small collection is best to remind my childhood days. It is really superb to share photographs of him.

moped said...

So cute baby.Baby do masti in his right way so he look so sweet.