Saturday, July 2, 2011

Thank You and Westin's Shirts

Thank you so much for all of your comments, emails and facebook messages.  I have read every one and will be replying to every one soon.  I'm going to be away from my computer for a few days but I plan on responding to everyone by the end of the week.  I'll be writing everyone's names down and praying for you by name. 

To answer the most frequently asked question-Yes, we plan on using our three frozen embryos in the future.  :) 

Last week I was able to finish Westin's shirts.  They were so fun to make and kind of addicting.  I've already started some more projects!  Y'all suggested I iron on the fabric pieces first and that made it so much easier.  Also, thanks for suggesting I take off the pocket with a seam ripper!  I did and you cannot even tell they were there.



I doubled up my thread and did small stitches around each piece.  The first shirt took about an hour but the second two just flew by. 


Funny story-After I had spent forever cutting, ironing, and stitching the car shirt, I held it up to Westin, so excited to show him.  He acted so happy to see it,  he grabbed it, hugged it and took off running with it.  I didn't think that much about it but about 10 seconds later I went to see where he ran with it.  I found him in our bathroom smiling because he had thrown it in the toilet!!  I guess that is what he thought about it.  Haha!   



For my next project, I'm going to use these fun fabrics to make some burp cloths for my friend's babies and some kitchen dish towels for me.  I'll keep you posted.  ;)


My friend, Christina and I were able to get away for two days (without kids!) this week and go to Branson, MO to lay out by the pool and shop.  Branson is only a couple hours away from us.  It was so fun and so refreshing!  I'm not sure I have laughed so much or so hard in a long time.  :)  We decided it definitely needs to be an annual tradition! 


I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July!  We are celebrating with burgers and homemade ice cream tonight and headed to TX for a family reunion tomorrow.  Whatever you do, have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Olga said...

Nice fabrics! I like the patterns on them. I'm also planning on making some burp cloths for a baby shower. Using cloth dipers and fabric. I got the idea on Pinterest. Happy 4th of July!

Olga said...

oops! *diapers

Erin said...

Love these shirts!! A great idea for some upcoming baby birthday with my friends :o)

julie & joe said...

Shannon - We did IVF before we adopted Aaron. It was a crazy roller coaster. I'm glad we tried it but adoption ended up being our plan. I believe that all things happen for a reason and I believe that Aaron was meant to be with us from the beginning.

Your shirts turned out cute! Aaron and I made an eagle on a shirt out of his hand prints. It turned out very cute!

hi-d said...

Those shirts turned out great! Westin is growing so much. He looks like such a happy boy!

the osbornes said...

those shirts are so cute! My boys have tons of appliqued shirts I have "semi-made" because I just buy appliques on etsy and iron & sew them on. The shop I like lets you pick your fabric from 100's of options so you are sort of designing it yourself I guess :) But I may have to try some like this soon! I like that the appliques are really big. Wanted to tell you that Target has t-shirts without pockets for $5 and they have lots of cute colors right now. They are the Cherokee "Ultimate" t's.

Fabiola said...

Shannon, I have been really MIA from the blogland.
I just sat down and read your journey to have Westin. What a tough and yet beautiful journey. I love the part where you said you had a one day pitty part. I really need to follow your lead ; )

Westin is getting so big and cute.

Anonymous said...

Love those shirts - they turned out great! And too funny about the toilet incident - cracked me up!

Loved reading about your journey to have Westin - I only wish I knew about the blog world when we were trying to get pregnant with our first for over 2 years and doing countless tests revealing nothing....it was definitely a very tough time - esp since we kept it to ourselves for the longest time. The support I have witnessed on numerous other blogs is amazing. Thanks for sharing your story! :)

Kristen
http://crowsnest2008.blogspot.com/

'The H Family' said...

Holla!! I made 'the blog'! ;) Branson was soo fun...I just don't know why we haven't done it sooner!! And those shirts did turn out so cute...love them!! W looks adorable in all those pics...def some framers!!

Kristy Goldman said...

I've been reading for a while (found you via Her Southern Charm and love your decor ideas!) but am a first time commenter. I love those shirts - too cute! I may have to make a little girl version in the near future! I also loved reading your journey to parenthood - what a blessing Westin is!