Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pinning, Westin, Pride & Prejudice and More

How's that for a title?

I can't seem to get anything done around here thanks to this little guy and my newest hobby-Pinterest.  Thank you, Kari Beth for introducing me to Pinterest.  Do you pin?  If you do, let me know so I can follow you.  I could spend hours on there and that's exactly what I did today.  :)  It doesn't help that my computer is 800 years old and runs as slow as dial up.  haha!

If you need an invitation to pinterest let me know your email address and I'll send you one.  It is an amazing website where you can keep all your favorite pictures, future projects, recipes and anything else you find online, in ONE place.  It is so easy and so convenient.  The best part (in my opinion) is that when you save (or "pin") a picture of something you like it saves the source with it.  Hallelujah.

This little man is into everything!  I just chase him around all day.  He insists on wearing his green hat all the time but lately he likes to wear two at a time.



We have had to move our toilet paper off the rolls and just keep them on the counter because yesterday he flooded the guest bathroom toilet.  In a matter of seconds he unrolled the whole roll into the toilet.  He was so proud.  Well today he found the extra rolls under the sink and when I walked in, he held it up to show me and then took off running with it.  That little turkey knows exactly what he is doing.



Another thing that is keeping me busy is that I downloaded the free kindle app on my iPhone so I've been reading a lot more.  I only download the free books (imagine that) so right now I am reading Pride and Prejudice.  I will admit that I have never read it before and I think it would be a hard book to follow if I hadn't seen the movie first.  :)  I do love having faces and places to picture in my mind as I read.  By the way, that is one of my favorite movies that I watch at least once a month.  Love it!

I'm not sure this post could be anymore random but I'll try...

I've been on an organizing kick lately and organized my scrapbooking supplies.  No, I do not scrapbook.  Yes, I do wander up and down the scrapbook aisles to find things I can use for other projects.  If you need inspiration for something, try going down the scrapbook aisle.  They make the neatest things.

I bought some fabric and T-shirts to make Westin some shirts...I'll keep you posted.  It involves hand sewing so it should be an adventure.

Sorry for the total randomness but that's the only way I can seem to get a post in.  :)  Oh, Katie posted some more pictures of our Memorial Day weekend.  Westin had his first sucker.  :)  He is getting so big! 


41 comments:

Table for Four said...

Hi Shannon!
I would love an invite to Pinterest. My email is andreanerrenbell@gmail.com. Thanks!

Andrea Worley said...

I pin! I'm obsessed! :)

MJ said...

I LOVE Pinterest! It's such a great way to find inspiration.

You can find me on Pinterest here:
http://pinterest.com/mary_jo_smith

Katie said...

I love pinterest! And I agree! I don't get anything else done! https://pinterest.com/katielramsey/

Kaysie said...

I Pin! I think my screen name is Kaysie or ChasersKaysers (I can't tell which shows up on Pinterest. W is growing up so fast!

cara said...

Hi Shannon! I love reading your blog and would love an invite to Pinterest. I've heard alot about it recently and would definitely like to check it out. My email is cara.hanson@gordon.edu.

Thanks!!

Tori said...

I have just recently become obsessed with pinterest! Here's my name if you want to follow me. BusyBFamily
I LOVE that W wears 2 hats at once! He's so cute! Oh- I just downloaded the Nook reader (free!) on my iphone! Love it!

Shabby Cowgirl said...

I pin too!! Sometimes you can find me there at 2 in the morning being inspired. Your little one is SO cute too. Thanks for sharing

Judy said...

I know what you mean by having an obsession with Pinterest...I've been pretty smitten with it too. I'd love to follow you and feel free to follow me as well. You can follow me by looking for "judy51" (I think that's my user name!)

XOXO!
Judy

judyfollis said...

I would love an opportunity to join Pinterest. My email address is judyfollis@cebridge.net

The Davis Daily said...

I'm "pinterested". :) kedslp@gmail.com Thanks!

Kristen said...

The double hats seriously cracks me up!

And I love love LOVE P&P! I read it at least once a year! Not sure which movie version you're watching, but if you haven't seen it yet, you should watch the original 6 hour (YES, 6 hour) P&P. It's fantastic :-)

Brittany said...

I love Pinterest! Here's my page - http://pinterest.com/brittanytx26/

I am seriously addicted!

Olga said...

I hadn't heard of Pinterest, would you please send me an invite olgieone@netzero.net
My Husband bought me a Kindel last year for my birthday. It's one of my favorite things. Glad to hear your getting achance to read more.

Angie J. said...

Hi Shannon, love your blog! Yes, I pin but I'm still a little pinignorant LOL

mbb. said...

love the idea of pinterest, if you still have invites i'd adore one! my fiance and i have just found our first 'flat' for after our wedding and i'm in full 'home-making' mode, it would be great to have a place to keep my ideas and recipes and good blog posts i read ;)

thanks,

Brie

brie.barton@gmail.com

Hollie said...

Hi Shannon! Pinterest is the best thing since Facebook! HA! You can follow me at http://pinterest.com/holliesingleton/

Jessabells said...

I'm new to Pinterest and I'm loving it. Feel free to follow me http://pinterest.com/jessabells/

Have a great weekend.

Jessica

pam said...

starting pinning a few weeks ago ... so addictive!

http://pinterest.com/pam_h/

Anonymous said...

I would love to join pinterest! Thanks. Melanie
gLmixon@msn.com

Christy Wiggins said...

I LOVE Pinterest!

http://pinterest.com/christywiggins/

Lisa said...

i love browsing pinterest and would LOVE an invite :) need something to fill up the school-free summer hours ;) my email is talesofasoccermom@gmail.com
Thanks!

Brittany said...

I would love a pinterest invite! It could be my newest distraction :) I have so many saved pictures, bookmarked websites, and random notes that I would love to share.
B5L2M8@gmail.com - Thanks! :)

Carolynn Dunlap said...

I would like an invite to pinterest--it looks line another site that would take up too much of my time:-) My email address is carolynnrn@hotmail.com Thanks so much Shannon--I really enjoy reading your blog. I have 4 kids--10, 8, 5 and 9 months:-)

Corrie Mackanos said...

I would love an invite to pinterest please!

My email is clmackanos@gmail.com

Kim said...

I would love to join pinterest! My email is bajakiter@hotmail.com. Thanks!!

Kari Beth said...

since elle is now going to a babysitter, i have this really big play yard that we could set up and put the kids in. they would totally entertain each other and we could sit and sip on fun summer drinks found via pinterest!

pkwillis said...

How I would love one..willis71@comcast.net. That place is awesome.

Jessica said...

I would love an invite :) I'm still on the waiting list :( jessann8389@gmail.com

RN and OSHP said...

I love pinterest! jennifercw is my name if you want to follow. Love watching Westin grow and knowing I am not the only one with some little stinker boys.....my 2 yr old had a spell with a toilet paper infatuation too:)

Jessica said...

The two hat thing is adorable! Luckily my kids (mostly) skipped the putting-stuff-into-the-toilet phase, and that's fine with me.

My Pinterest link is www.pinterest.com/mafs. I'm definitely going to check your boards out!

Hallie said...

I love your blog! Westin is so darn cute! I would love an invite to Pinterest. I have heard so much about it, but haven't been able to check it out yet. My email address is ehgrahn at gmail dot com

Linzi said...

I'd love an invite for pintrest please! linzikavanagh@gmail.com P.S. I follow your blog all the way from Scotland! :-)

Deb said...

I would love an invite to Pinterest. It looks amazing! my email address is dhintz3 at wolfnet. net. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hello Shannon,
I would like an invite to Pinterest...please include me in the mix.

Thanks bunches,
Amber
asummerrow@comcast.net

Erica @ All About Aleigha said...

Hey Shannon! Westin is such a cutie. I would love an invite to Pinterest. My email is ericaraeparker at yahoo.com

Wifey said...

Can you send me a Pinterest invite..pretty please?

Thanks!
wifeyboyd@comcast.net

Roller Kosturs said...

Can you send me a Pintrest invite please? TIA!
bethkostur (at) yahoo (dot)com
:)

Rosemary said...

Please send me an invite to Pinterest.......
rosemaryweir@hotmail.com

i love it!!!!

Mallorie said...

Hi there! I read this original post a while ago but never left my email for you to send an invite. I would love one if you wouldn't mind!!!

Mallorieshappyhome@gmail.com

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I can't wait to start!

Mickey said...

Slow to ask but I would love an invite too. Thanks
monster_mama@msn.com