Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Winner and HUGE Week!

According to random.org, the winner of the wonderful Thirty One Gifts basket is:

#17- Anonymous!  :) She said:
Anonymous said...
love the large utility tote...received it as a Christmas present and now I don't know what I did before I had it, lol :)
sarah

Sarah, you left your email address in your comment so I will email you soon to get your address!  Thanks again to everyone who entered and thank you Dana


Why is this a "HUGE week?"  Because for the first time in 14.5 months, Westin is staying the week with my parents!  I say "week" but I seriously doubt I will make it a week and will probably be heading down there by Thursday.  To say I miss him is a huge understatement!  I knew it would be hard but I had no idea.  I know by the 5-6 pictures and the 10 phone calls a day (made by me) that he is having a great time!  We decided to let him stay because he was still waking up once a night to nurse.  Obviously he didn't need to be doing this and it was just time.  So while I am home "drying up", the little toot is sleeping through the night at my parent's house!  Since he was 6 months old he has slept through the night about 5 times but at my parent's house he is on his THIRD straight night!  My plan is backfiring!  Haha!  He was supposed to wake up and my mom was going to teach him how to go back to sleep without nursing.  This is just like him though.  Haha!   He will probably be back to waking up when he gets home.  Mom, do you want to come back with us next week?  ;)

Anyways, I had a huge list on what to accomplish this week.  Yesterday was my fun day and I browsed Goodwill and flea markets at my own pace.  I did have to remind myself a few times that I did not need to be in a hurry.  I found myself feeling like time was running out and I needed to get home.  Haha!  It is a weird feeling.

Today I'll be cleaning, organizing and crafting.  I have a huge list of things I've been trying to make and paint.  Yesterday I did a few projects and it was weird to be able to start and finish a project in one day. :)

I do sit down at the computer every now and then and look at Westin's pictures.  :)



We have been outside almost all day these days.  He loves it!  He is also pretty much a walker now!


It is so cute to see him toddling around.  My Dad took this picture below last Sunday before we left to come home.  Cody said I was stalling since I kept thinking of one more thing I needed to do.  :) 

18 comments:

Mrs. Jenk said...

We have left Abby Lu with my Mom a few times and it is wonderful. You'll be a well rested and refreshed Mommy when you get him. I love having fun days and get serious day while she is gone. Oh, and eating out or eating dinner on the couch! the little things!

Natalie said...

Shannon,
I totally understand why you would let him spend the week with your parents! We too are having a difficult time with Lincoln going to sleep on his own and not nursing. I think if I had some time to "dry up" it would help! LOL. Good luck and enjoy your week, it will be good for you to take care of yourself for awhile and Westin will be so excited to see you when he returns!

Lauren said...

I CANNOT believe he is sleeping all night for your mom! Oh my gosh--he sounds just like Spencer!!! Bless your heart, he just loves you so much! I have to say, it's also a little hilarious. =)
I'm super curious to see what he does when he gets home. I'm sure you are too...

Rebekah said...

Yay for productive time. I hardly know what that feels like anymore! But I know how super hard it is to be away from your baby! You will be a better mom because of some time away, though! Have a great week! Love the pics!

Jennifer said...

I am sure you will both be so glad to see each other at the end of the week, but it is so good for you to get that time to yourself too. And if he starts up the not sleeping through the night at your house, you might just have to let him cry it out. I have found that if Easton starts crying and I just don't even go in that he will put himself back to sleep within 5 minutes. However, if I walk in his room to try and comfort him it turns into a full on hour long war to get back to sleep. So just a suggestion. A few rough nights and I am sure he will catch the hang of it.

Christi said...

I bet you miss him. But I'm excited to see the projects you've been working on and to read stories about him as his grandparent's house. My son was about 15 months or so when he spent 1 night at his grandparent's house and I about died (from missing him)...so be sure to do things to keep your mind off of him.

Christi

Decal Monograms said...

Great family picture!!!! Beatuiful family.

Heather L. said...

I can't even imagine a week of being able to get whatever I wanted to done! It sound heavenly!!!

I bet you miss him - he is so darn cute! Hopefully he will be "cured" when he gets home. I had a hard time weaning my little Carter so I completely understand.

Have fun and enjoy your free time!

Jill said...

I know your mom and dad are loving every minute! She and I discussed how hard it is living so far from our babies at the party.
Now that Lindsey sees you are surviving, maybe she'll let Adeline come stay with us ;)

Anonymous said...

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! So grateful to have won your wonderful giveaway :) thank you, thank you, thank you!
and 2 more things: 1. the family picture in this post is just the sweetest ever. I've always loved those spur-of-the-moment shots almost more than the picure perfect/posed ones :)
2. If i had a few kid-free days, I would also spend that time browsing Goodwills and thrift stores. Love it!
sarah

The Rohman Family said...

I'm sure that little stinker is thinking, "Well, my mom's not here, I might as well stay in the bed!"

Kim said...

Before my daughter would sleep through the night she would always do it for her Nana and Papa, too funny! I hope he sleeps when he comes home so momma can rest! My daughter just started walking and it sure does change things! P.S. I'm jealous of all you're getting to do while you're kid free. ENJOY! =)

Dusti said...

As I was up for about the 3rd time lastnight nursing my 10+ month old back to sleep, I was wondering how I would be able to transition her into sleeping through the night and at the same time glad that she still nurses so I don't have to make bottles in the night. Her almost 4 year old brother still gets up asking for juice in the night and sneaking into bed with us. It has been a LONG time since I've had consistent sleep. What an awesome mom you have to volunteer for night duty. My mom does so much for us, but she is not into the night thing at all. She tells my 3 year old that he has to sleep through the night if he wants to stay at Nan's. Hope he does great for you when he gets home, can't wait to hear.

manda said...

Sweet Family,,
i like this blog,,
By Diet Solution Program

Alex and Jill said...

Oh I think I would die too...a week is a long time to be away from that sweet boy's face!! :)

Hillary said...

oh my goodness! I would never make it a week either!

What the heck did we do before we had kids?? :)

I'm glad that you're getting stuff done and Westin gets great time with his grandparents!

hi-d said...

Sounds like a fun week...I hope it works out well with Westin sleeping through the night when he comes back home. :)

Sara said...

I am reading this late, so I am hoping you were able to get your projects done and Westin is now sleeping through the night for you - or atleast falling back to sleep:)