Monday, May 23, 2011

Westin's Bathroom Re-do

Hello!  I had a very productive week around the house without Westin but I missed him like crazy!  I headed back to Little Rock Thursday morning even though my to-do list was only half finished because I couldn't take it anymore!  I had to see him.   He greeted me a huge smile and let me carry him around for about an hour.  ;)  I was a little worried that he would start waking up again at night just because he knew I was here but he has continued to sleep through the night.  Now we will just have to see if he sleeps through the night at our house when we go home Monday morning.  :)  Fingers crossed!

I picked up these frames at Goodwill last week for $2 each.  I knew I could find something to do with them.  



When I found THIS site with all sorts of fun, free printables I knew I could use some in Westin's bathroom.  I didn't change anything in his bathroom when I did his nursery because I knew I would want to be doing a "big boy" bathroom soon.  So I printed off some of the printables at Office Depot on card stock and bought these frames from Hobby Lobby.


I painted the rectangle frame with some coordinating paint and taped the alphabet onto some foam core.  The alphabet printable prints on an 8.5x11 piece of paper so I cut them out while I watched an episode of Ellen.  I hung this over his towel bar.


On the other side of the room I changed out his birth announcement and newborn picture with these fun campers.  They are mounted in the Hobby Lobby frames that I painted in coordinating paint.


That site also has the whole alphabet made into flashcards!  They are all so cute!  I printed out his initials and added them to some twine over his crib.


I love how these projects turned out!  You must check out The Handmade Home if you never have because you will be inspired!


Another thing I marked off my to-do list was get these boards painted.  Sorry about the gross garage floor but you can see why I could never do this while Westin was here.  :)  Too many open paint containers!  This is something I didn't get finished completely but they are all painted so I will be able to finish them sometime while we are playing outside.  I can't wait to show you the finished product!  (Hopefully they will be as cute as they are in my head!)  :)


Also, Twice As Nice Lettering is featured on Groop Dealz today!  The vinyl that they are offering is so cute and I think I will be buying one!  If you haven't been to Groop Deals, you need to check it out.  I've ordered a few things and I love how they support small, growing businesses.  Click HERE to see today's feature.

6 comments:

hi-d said...

Sweet that you missed Westin so much and here's hoping that he continues to sleep through the night!

Thanks for the great link. I just went there and printed out the alphabet letters and hope to do something with them! :)

Have a great week.
hi0d

Rebekah said...

I love the projects you did while Westin was at his grandparents! I can't wait to see what you do with the other! You are such a talent, I need you to rub off on me!

Emily Richardson said...

On the vaccine session... it gave me a little bit of peace about the traditional schedule. I did not know the background and certain excerpts from Dr. Sears' book. I plan on reading (at least skimming) Autism's False Prophets book he talked about. It is so hard, because I know they do their research, but it is SO many shots. I am sure we will end up spacing them out a bit, but I still have some time to consider everything:). I am learning not to stress about every little thing and trusting God's sovereignty through it all, or else I would be CRAZY:)! HA! I would love to hear more of your thoughts sometime though. Loved seeing you!

Paula said...

I love what you have done with everything for Westin's bathroom. I plan on checking out the website's. Thank you so much!! Can't imagine time without your "little mister". That was sooo long ago for me! Mine are 27 and 24. Oh how I miss it! Enjoy him!!

The Photo Goo said...

Great site, I've never been there before.

Okay, I couldn't help but notice your burlap table runner. I love it! Did you make it?

Brittany said...

i love these! just printed off some for my little boy's room!!