Friday, May 6, 2011

Random Weekend Post

For some reason all my posts are random lately!  It seems like that is all I have time for.  My friend, Christina and I were talking yesterday about how busy we are.  I actually have nothing on her since she has three boys, 3 and under but I do have a taste of what it's like.  I told her that before Westin, I got up at 5:30 everyday, got to work by 7:30 (I was a nanny), got off at 6 and got home at 6:30.  That was easy compared to being a SAHM!  Haha!  I couldn't imagine my life any other way right now though!  I'm so thankful to be spending my days with Westin.


I cut my first peonies of the season!  I love this time of year!

 We have a fun weekend ahead!  Tonight we are going to a gender reveal party for Lindsey. I love these.  I can't wait to find out what she is having.  She has a girl so I am hoping for a boy.  :)

My parents are coming up this weekend too.  They are going to keep Westin tomorrow night so Cody and I can go out for our anniversary.  7 years!  I can't believe it.  It makes me sound old.  Haha!  Our anniversary is actually Sunday but we will be celebrating Mother's Day and Colson's dedication that day.

Our days are filled with a lot of this:  


When he is not pushing it around the house, he is sitting in it and I am pushing him around.  Of course, the balloon is never far away.  He is getting so close to walking.  He will take about 5-6 steps between Cody and I but he is still cautious. 

I also got an early Mother's Day gift from Westin!  :)


If you do not have a blog and leave a question in the comments, will you also leave your email address so I can answer your question?  Thanks!

A couple of weeks ago my dad cut some boards for me to make some fun picture frames.  Hopefully I can get those painted soon so I can show you!  They are going to be easy peasy and so fun.  :)

Around this time of year I really think about those of you who want more than anything to celebrate Mother's Day as a mom.  I pray for you often!  I know exactly how you feel and I celebrated many Mother's Days with a heavy heart.  I never want to take it for granted.  It was a long journey to get Westin and I have really been thinking about sharing our story with you.  It might be a 2 or 3 part series but I will be working on it.  I also love emailing with those of you who are TTC (infertility language-ha!).  I'll be thinking about you and praying for you on Sunday.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  And thanks for putting up with all my random posts!  :)

18 comments:

Kristen said...

I love random posts! That's how my brain works anyway, haha :-)

Hillary said...

I love all the flowers! Especially the monogramed vase in the last one!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Amanda said...

Wow. beautiful Peonies, I am so jealous, our Peonie bushes just started to come to life from up here in the cold Midwest. We are aways away from cutting anything:). Would love to hear your story about Westin...I am a girl who was blessed very quickly/easily w/ 3 pregnancies/babies...I try too, to never take that that for granted! Happy Mothers Day.

julie & joe said...

Happy dedication day!
I am so excited to have peonies bloom this year. I transplanted them from my grandmother's yard the year before she died and this is the first time they have had blooms. You're about a week ahead of us on growing season.
Mother's Day is a special time. I know all about TTC and we finally had a child through adoption.

Anonymous said...

Yes, please tell us the story of Westin. If you feel moved to do so, of course. So many struggle.

Diane said...

Have a great anniversary weekend! I remember your wedding well. It was beautiful!

And, of course, happy mother's day! ;-)

All About Us said...

I have never posted before, but I am a long time lurker. :) My husband and I are in the process of adopting our first child. It has been a horribly long process and I still struggle with it daily. My heart hurts because I want to be a mother so bad. Thanks for thinking about us! I would love to hear Westin's story.

Rachel said...

Wow, my anniversary is Sunday and it will be 7 years for us too!! Small world :)

Kristen and Andy said...

Yay for random posts - better than I can say - I just can't force myself to write a post - and boy do I hear about it from my family and friends that are out of town - ha!

Hope y'all have a great anniversary - ours is next Sunday the 15th - and will also be 7 years! So neat - we have little boys about a week apart and anniversaries too - small world!

hi-d said...

Random posts are the BEST!

Okay...those peonies are gorgeous! I hope you have a fun filled Mother's Day weekend and Happy Anniversary to you and Cody!

Blessings!
hi-d

The Rohman Family said...

Yes, I'll be praying, too, for those who long to be a mom. I have been there.

A Hint of Home said...

Happy Anniversary, Shannon!
I would love to read your story sometime.
Happy Mother's Day to You!
Hugs!

Paula said...

Shannon,
Our son and his wife celebrate their anniversary on Sunday, first, and we celebrate our 30th on Monday! Yeah!!!
Your flowers are beautiful!!! We do not care if it random or a 2-3 part scheduled blog, we just love your writing, we will take whatever you write.
We have 2 boys and 1 girl from Russia.
7 pregnancies.
Would love to hear your story.
paulaschaffin@gmail.com

Katie said...

Your peonies are beautiful, Westin is beautiful, and you are such a sweetheart. Happy Mother's Day, Shannon! :o)

Buttercup Bliss said...

I agree, I enjoy random posts. I also would love to hear your story of Westin. I struggled with infertility - I know how badly it hurts. I have my precious son, Seth, and a baby that is waiting on me in Heaven (miscarriage at 12 weeks). I know that so many would be encouraged to hear your words.

Enjoy your special day!

Lisa

Sara said...

Love the flowers! I am horrible with plants and flowers, so I never even ask for them. That is something I would like to learn more about!

I am loving the balloons he takes everywhere with him:)

I would love to hear the story of your journey to motherhood if you decide to share:)

Traci said...

I don't comment often but I'm a faithful reader who is also dealing with infertility. It would be so awesome for you to share your story. It always give me a little bit of hope to hear stories of people that dealt with infertility but that now have their baby. It's really uplifting!

The Ramblings of a Thirtysomething Wife said...

Love the peonies! I don't like to bring them inside because there are always ants crawling on them. How do you deal with them?