Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Second Mother's Day & Our Weekend

My second Mother's Day was just as special as my first.  I will probably remember more about this one since last year we were pretty much in newborn survival mode.  :) We had such a great day today.  Not only was it Mother's Day and our 7 year anniversary, Westin's cousin, Colson, was dedicated at church today too!  It was a big day around here.  I don't have any pictures of all of us at church with Colson but I'm sure Katie will be posting about it sometime this week.

We did get to take some pictures before church though. 




Westin's nursery workers are just the absolute best.  They sent home this adorable planter with Westin's finger prints on it!  I will treasure this forever. 
My parents bought me this double pink peony and a hummingbird feeder and Cody's parent's bought me a knockout rose bush.  I love getting plants!  



I hope you had a great Mother's Day as well!  Happy Mother's Day to my Mom!  You are an amazing, godly woman and I will look up to you always. Thank you for teaching me and showing me what it means to be a great mom.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude that I get to be Westin's mama.  I promise that a day does not go by that I do not think how blessed I am to be a mother.  I never want to take it for granted.  I thank the Lord for allowing me the privilege of raising him.  What an awesome responsibility. 

Not only did I have a great Mother's Day, we had a fun weekend!


Friday night we went to a gender reveal party for the Richey's.  It's official-Adeline is getting a baby sister.  We can't wait to meet Annabel in September!

Saturday was spent shopping with my Mom.  We had some great craft fairs in our area and we found some goodies (of course!).  We both got one of these cute burlap pillows.



I also found this platter in the most perfect shade of green.  For $4 I could not pass it up!


Well, if you are still reading then you are one loyal reader!  Haha!  This was a long post.  :)  Happy Mother's Day!

There is going to be a great giveaway this week so stay tuned!

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

Your bed looks like it's out of a magazine. I love the pillow! Thanks for being a part of our special reveal!

Casey :) said...

I agree with what Lindsay said, your bed TOTALLY looks like a magazine picture! So pretty. And happy mothers day! Westin is such a CUTIE and takes such great pictures. I love the little pot his nursery gave you. How precious. For years and years I have wanted to wait until I give birth to find out the gender (when we get pregnant), but this dang gender reveal parties are totally making me rethink that! IF I decide to find out, I'm definitely having one of those parties! :)

Kari Beth said...

westin is so cute!!!
happy mother's day to a great momma!!

Christi said...

I love your bed.

Happy Anniversary and belated Mother's Day.

Christi

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Westin's fingerprint planter is such a sweet gift...he has thoughtful Sunday school teachers. :) I want a burlap pillow!!! Looks great on your bed.

Kimberley said...

the planter is an absolute wonderful keepsake - so precious!!! love your bed and the new pillow!

Susie from Bienvenue said...

Still here...((hugs))) Susie :)

Stephanie said...

Ok I must know...how do you get your painted chalkboards so smoothe?? I've done it twice and when I write on them, you can see the faint texture of the brush strokes on the writing. Your chalk writing always looks great! What type of brush/how many coats do you use?

Tracy said...

I love the green platter and the burlap pillows. I love finding things like that!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Where did you find your white matelasse and other white bedding? I love this look! Also, can I find that burlap pillow online?